Chapter 16- Explinations

"Um, what?" She stuttered.

"You know from that Polaroid I foun-"

"Oh, um okay well..." She started but I cut her off.

"It's okay if you don't want to talk about it, you know of it's too personal." I clarified.

"No, it's okay." She said shaking her head. "Well, that was my cousin Blake. He was like my only friend and family member I actually really got along with. One day I-we went to go play football and I threw the ball over the fence. He offered to go get it, but it was in the middle of the street and he bent down to get it and didn't see the car-" Her voiced cracked and tears streamed down her face.

"Hey, it's okay." I said and held her close to me.

Her small body crashed into my chest and her silent cries shook her body.

"Hey, hey, it's okay." I said in a soothing voice.

"It's his 21st birthday tommorow." She said after she had calmed down.

"Oh," Was all I could say. What that's hell was I supposed to say?

"I have no idea why I just told you that." She said laughing slightly.

"It's okay." I said.

"I bet you think I'm a sissy, you've seen me cry twice."

I laughed. "No I don't, three people who you loved died before you were even fifteen. If you didn't cry I'd be worried."

She smiled at me.

"Thanks for caring."

*****************

"I'm gonna go get some food." Jasmine announced after we sat down at our table.

"Get me a coke!" Ash yelled after her and she rolled her eyes.

"Dude, really?" Ryder asked him.

"Hey, I'm thirsty." He defended and held up his hands.

"Oh whatever I'll-" He began but a bunch of gasps cut him off.

I looked over where the sound was and saw Jasmine.

Drenched in milk with spaghetti on her head.
*************
JASMINE'S P.O.V

I stood there frozen when the boy, Jackson I think his name was, dumped the contents of his lunch tray on me.

I had no idea why he did that until it clicked in my head.

He was Mackenzie's boyfriend.

I clenched my fists tight and held back a scream.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?" A strong voice demanded behind me.

I turned to see and enraged Carter standing a few yards away.

"Dude, I'm just giving the little shi-" He started but Carter cut him off.

"What did you just call her?" He hised.

"Dude-"

"What did you just call the most beautiful, kind, caring and strong girl him the whole damn town?" He said again, his voice deadly.

"Bro, I'm sorr-" He began again.

"If you ever try to hurt her again I will beat the living shit out of you until your dead on the concrete understand?" He said.

Jackson nodded, visibly gulping and shaking a bit.

"Good. Now get out of my god damn sight." He spat.

Carter grabbed my hand and pulled me out if the crowd.

I saw Mackenzie give me the eye and draw a line at her throat, the sign she was going to murder me.

I know that I should have been thinking the most powerful girl in school just sent me a death threat, or that she had recruited people to do her dirty work, or even what the hell I would do about my clothes.

But the only thought bouncing in my head was:

Carter thinks I'm beautiful.

And that made me feel something I hadn't felt on a long time.

Shmuper sorry that I was MIA for a bit.

I think I used that in the right context.

Anyway I was on a trip with no wifi so I didn't put goals on the last chapter.

Buuuuut, here are le goals!

356 views

30 likes,

Love ya😘