Chapter 21- Heartbreaks

Maybe- Birdy ( I think that you could just listen to any Birdy album while reading this book.)

"A walk to Remember, The Notebook, Romeo and Juliet or the Avengers." Vanessa asked holding up the movies she had picked.

"Avengers." I said and the girls nodded in agreement. I hated love stories because the girl gets the guy and wasn't the case for me.

After the previews started I walked in the kitchen to start on some popcorn.

I ripped open the plastic and popped in the brown paper package, by the time it had been in for a couple seconds a knock came at the door.

I stealthily went to the door to find Carter standing on my porch.

With Katherine.

"Shit." I mumbled under my breath and ran into the living room.

"CARTER'S HERE!" I whisper yelled at the girls sent each other panicked looks.

"Go to your room, we'll handle him."

***************

CARTERS P.O.V

"Why are we here again?" Katherine whined.

"Because she's been acting weird and avoiding me. She's my friend and I need to make sure she's ok." I told her for the fourth time that day.

"Why are you friends with that freak. It's bringing your social status way down." She said back with her hands on her hips.

"I don't care about my social status, I care about my friends." I hissed.

"Well you should start caring, because your bringing mine down it. Mackenzie said-" She started but I cut her off.

"You've been talking to Mackenzie?"

"Uh, ya, she's soups popular and she said that that girl is a poor freak that doesn't deserve friends, I bet even Star hates her."

"Don't listen to a word that comes from Mackenzie or her friends mouths." I demanded.

She rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Whatever."

The door suddenly swung open revealing Abby and Vanessa.

"See, her other loser friends are here, let's just go." Katherine whined.

"What did you just call us?" Abby and Vanessa said in unison.

They have like freaky twin telepathy.

"I said-" Katherine started but I interrupted.

"She didn't mean it, did you?" I asked in a warning voice.

"Whatever." She said and rolled her eyes.

"I need to see Jasmine." I told the girls.

"Nope." They said at the same time and went to close the door but I stopped it with my foot.

"What do you mean no?"

"We mean no." They said again.

I raised an eyebrow and pushed open the door and ran past the girls.

"CARTER GET BACK HERE!" Vanessa called but I kept running to the basement door and ran down the hallway.

"Jasmine! Let me in!" I yelled and banged on the barn door.

"Go away Carter!" Jasmines soft voice said through the door.

"No! Why are you avoiding me!" I asked.

"I'm not!" She denied.

"Then let me in!" I said again.

I heard a lot of rustling and then the door cracked open.

"Carter, can you please leave." Jasmine asked again.

"No tell me- have you been crying?" I asked, interrupting myself after seeing her puffy eyes.

"No." She denied again.

"Yes you have, don't lie. Is this about Katherine?" I asked.

Her face visibly paled and I realized why she was so upset.

"Katherine isn't taking your place in the group, you know that right? Van and Abbs wouldn't allow it."

She smiled, it seemed a little forced but she was probably still a little upset.

"You promise?" She said.

"I promise."

Is he clueless? because I literally almost rewrote that but then I knew that you'll have been to fast!

And can we just take a moment to JUST SEE THE NUMBER OF VIEWS CAUSE I'M FLIPPING OUT LIKE WHAT!!!!!

GOALS:

609 views

63 likes

Love ya😘