Chapter 8- Homes

"Three days?" I clarified.

"Three days." Carter confirmed.

We were coming out of the school and Carter had just told me how long he had been suspended for.

"Only three days? That's like nothing!" I exclaimed and he smiled.

"I have connections." He said vaguely making me want to smack him.

"Whatever." I scoffed and continued to his car.

He had offered me a ride and it wasn't like I couldn't kick his ass.

"So, wanna do something fun?"

***

"Nonononononono." I said as I stared down the long drop that made my stomach do backflips.

"Come on princess, the harness is strong and you had emergency handled." He assured me.

"No! How the hell did you get me agree to do zip lining!" I yelled at him and he rolled his eyes.

This dude and his god damned connections!

"Bye princess." He whispered in my ear.

It took me a few moments to register what was happening before I was pushed off the platform and was zipping through the sky.

I let out a rather girlish scream and started to panic.

I closed my eyes for a few moments and then pried one open to take a quick peak at my surroundings.

My eyes widened as I saw the city.

It was sunset and the was a work of vivid and warm colors. The twinkling lights of the houses cars and buildings were like stars on the ground

I stared straight out until I realized I was coming to a stop.

I saw the platform coming up in front of me and widened my eyes.

I turned more to the side and let my side hit the trampoline-like material before unclamping myself from the harness and hopping down.

I felt another bounce and saw Carter bouncing merrily beside me.

I narrowed my eyes at him and heaved myself off the ground.

"Peters......" I growled before leaping on him.

His eyes widened but it was to late because I was already slapping the shit out of him.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? YOU FUCKING IDIOT I COULD HAVE DIED! YOU JUST DON'T GO AROUND THROWING PEOPLE OFF PLATFORMS!" I yelled as I beat the shit out of him.

"Ow! Okay! Jesus okay in sorry!" He begged but it only made me angrier.

"IF I WAS DEAD SORRY WOULD EXACTLY REVIVE ME YOU IDIOT!" I screamed as I continued the beating.

"Jesus woman!" He said as I finally stopped.

"You idiot." I said and bounced off the trampoline and grabbed by backpack.

I gave him one last glare before swinging it over my shoulder and walking sassily out the door.

****

After Carter treated me to food (okay, maybe was guilted into) he took me back home.

"I fucking hate you." I growled as he followed me to my door.

"You know you love me princess." He said and I glared at him.

"Stop calling me princess." I snapped and kicked open the door and stomping inside. "Now, why the hell are you still here." I questioned and crossed my arms.

"Because I'm sleeping over." He said and I widened my eyes.

"What the fuck do you mean your staying over!" I yelled and he flinched.

"I meant I'm not leaving princess." He said and I wanted to strangle him right there.

"No. Nonononononono." I said shaking my index finger at him. "No way in hell are you staying here."

"To bad. Better set up a bed." He told me as I glared at him and stomped off.

I pulled open the linen closet and grabbed a sleeping bag and pillow before heading back out.

"Here, if you even think about coming to my room I'll chop your nuts off and staple them to your forehead." I threatened and he rolled his eyes.

"Empty threats sweet heart."

And that, my dear friends, is how Carter Peters ended up icing his nuts for two hours.