Chapter 29- Reveals

"What are you hiding!" He demanded more frustrated this time and I pretended to look offended.

"I'm not hiding anything." I denied.

He chuckled humorlessly and folded his arms. "Really? Then explain the makeup thing, the hair thing, the glasses thing, the voice thing!" He said and I flinched at his harsh time as my eyes drifted to the fallen photograph that had drifted quietly to the ground.

"I don't want you to think different of me." I whispered quietly and he was silent.

"You don't trust me? Your first and only friend?" He growled lowly and I could hear the anger mixing in with the disappointment.

I signed and ran my hand though my hair and turned a bit, seeing a stage in the background and did something it couldn't even prepare myself for.

I stomped away, leaving him burning holes in my back and ran up on the stage.

"Knee Socks by Arctic Monkeys." I told the now startled man at the seat who looked at me questionably but nodded to the stairs and I walked up, front and center with hundreds of eyes not pointed at me.

I saw the trio of terror looking at me laughing at pulled out their phones as the music started and I pretended to look embarrassed but as soon as the music started my face hardened and I looked straight at the trio.

You got the lights on in the afternoon

And the nights are drawn out long

And you're kissing to cut through the gloom

With a cough drop coloured tongue

And you were sitting in the corner with the coats all piled high

And I thought you might be mine

In a small world on an exceptionally rainy Tuesday night

In the right place and time

As the small pause happened I pulled down my hair and let it fall down in the soft waves down my shoulders.

When the zeros line up on the 24 hour clock

When you know who's calling even though the number is blocked

When you walked around your house wearing my sky blue Lacoste

And your knee socks

I unzipped my thick jacket and threw it on the floor, I was wearing a black tee shirt and a normal bra, I smiled.

Well you cured my January blues

Yeah you made it all alright

I got a feeling I might have lit the very fuse

That you were trying not to light

You were a stranger in my phone book I was acting like I knew

'Cause I had nothing to lose

When the winter's in full swing and your dreams just aren't coming true

Ain't it funny what you'll do

When the zeros line up on the 24 hour clock

When you know who's calling even though the number is blocked

When you walked around your house wearing my sky blue Lacoste

And your knee socks

I threw off my glasses and I saw every body looking at me with wide eyes and open mouths.

The late afternoon

The ghost in your room that you always thought didn't approve of you knocking boots

Never stopped you letting me get hold of the sweet spot by the scruff of your

Knee socks

You and me could have been a team

Each had a half of a king and queen seat

Like the beginning of Mean Streets

You could Be My Baby

(All the zeros lined up but the number's blocked when you've come undone)

When the zeros line up on the 24 hour clock

When you know who's calling even though the number is blocked

When you walked around your house wearing my sky blue Lacoste

And your knee socks

I grabbed a wipe and quickly took off the makeup off me face and smirked at the huge crowd that had gathered.

I smirked at them and waved at them.

"Hey!" I said in my normal voice which felt great.

"I'm Star, but you can call me Jasmine, Jasmine Caitlin." I said and looked back at the trio.

After a few moments of complete silence screams erupted from the crowd and teens started rushing the stage.

My eyes widened and I ran off the stage and through the mall, breaking free of the gigantic shopping center and saw the crowd that had tripled in size running after me.

I looked up and saw a rusted old ladder that lead up to the roof and with amazing ninja skills that I had no idea I had, I scaled the thing and hopped up on the gravel filled roof and pulled up the ladder a bit so they never saw me and leaned against the wall panting my ass off.

I looked down and saw them all rushing through the alleyway and hit my head to the wall I was leaning against.

Then the realization hit me of the little thing that had happened with Carter and next thing you know I was crying in a rooftop while dark clouds covered the sunny sky and I was soon being pelted my small droplets of water.