Chapter 10- Movies

"Wow." I said.

"Wow." He copied.

"That was the cheesiest movie EVER!" He said while he grabbed the remote and turned off the TV.

"I know. Did you see those actors?" I giggled.

"And the whole 'nothing is as it seems' part was way to scripted." He added whilst chuckling.

We laughed for a while before turning the TV back on.

*******************

I woke up groggily. I looked out the window, with I had left open, and saw the sun high in the sky.

I fell back in my bed. On to my surprisingly warm pillow.

Wait, since when do I have a heated pillow?

And since when do heated pillows move?

And have arms?

My eyes opened wide and I whipped my head to the side and saw........

Carter Peters.

************************
Carter's POV

I woke up to a yelp, I quickly turned my head to the side and saw Jasmine.
With my arm around her waist, facing me wide eyed.

"Why the hell did we sleep together?"She demanded.

"Don't act like you didn't like it princess." I smirked.

She let out a flustered sigh and threw up the hands.

"I'm going to get ready. I have some over sized shirts over there if you want." she told me, pointing to a basket in the corner.

She exited the room with some clothes and closed the door.

I jumped out of her bed and tore off my shirt before throwing on a dark blue shirt on. There was also a pair of jeans about my size next to them that I slid on.

Where'd she get these jeans? I wondered.

I snooped around the room a bit before I found a photo.

In the photo there was Jasmine. Her straight hair down and she wore jeans and a t-shirt. Next to her was a boy, much taller than her and about 17 or 18.

He had black hair and blue eyes that shone bright. They were both laughing at somthing. Under the photo was a caption.

Me and the cuz playing pictionary!

Cuz? Oh cousin! I thought to mysef.

Jasmine looked about 14 in the picture, the Polaroid was old and yellowed with a bit of dirt on one of the slightly creased corners.

My head snapped back when I heard something at the door.

"So what do you want for brea-" She cut herself off when she saw the dusty frame laying in my hand. "Wh-why do you have that?" She stuttered.

"Who's this?" I asked.

"Nobody!" She snapped. As if just realizing what she said her angry eyes turned to sad, than painful, then they filled with regret. "Sorry" she apologized.  "Just, please don't bring him up again." She told me. "Breakfast will be ready soon." She said to me and left. leaving me alone and confused again.

Who is this guy?

And why was she so sad about him?

*******************

Jasmine's POV

I panicked when I saw Carter holding the picture. I realized he probably read the caption and figured it was my cousin.

I don't like to talk about him. Reliving the incident made my mind whirl with the horrible memories and the sleepless night. The pain and terror I felt that day.

I hated feeling that.

Luckily, Carter sensed I really didn't want to talk about it and hadn't brought it up since.

A few hours later I ordered pizza for lunch and we were just hanging out and having a good time.

"Hey, want to meet some of my friends?" Carter asked me while we watched GI Joe.

"Umm, will they like me?" I asked hesitantly.

He chucked, sensing my reluctance.

"Yeah, so what'da ya say?"

I thought about it for a few moments before nodding my head.

"Sure."

*****************

After about 15 minuets the door bell rang.

"It's probably my friends, I'll get it!" He told me and leaped from his seat and walked to the front door.

I heard a few voices coming from the hall and paused the movie.

"So, Jasmine, these are my friends!" Carter said as he led 4 people in the room.

2 were boys and the other two girls, one of the guys was blonde with gray eyes an tan skin, the other had green eyes and black hair, both were about Carter's height.

One of the girls was tall had wavy blond hair and brown eyes and the other was kind of short with red dip-dyed brown hair and blue eyes.

"Hi" I said meekly.

"I'm Vanessa!" The brunette girl said.

"I'm Abby!" The blonde girl told me.

"Ryder" The blonde boy announced to me.

"I'm Asher." The black haired boy said to me last.

"I'm Jasmine." I introduced.

"Ugh, it finally nice to have another girl in the group that isn't a slut!" Vanessa said to me with a sigh.

"Dude, what about Ashley?" Ryder questioned.

"Slut." Vanessa and Abbey said together.

I stifled a laugh and stood up. "I'll be right back, make yourselves comfortable!"

I walked to the basement and ran down the hall and to my room.

Once I got into my I leaned against the door.

In and out, in and out. I coached myself.

I grabbed a water bottle and changed into a pair of jeans an a loose black t-shirt, keeping my hair in a high ponytail and my glasses on.

I stood at the door and took a deep breath.

"Let's do this."

HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAH

110 views
WHAT.
I never thought that many people would look at my book.

So it must be a alternate universe!

So annyyywwwaaayyyy.....

GOALS!

120 views

15 favorites!

Love ya😘