Prologue

Jeon Jung Mi's pov:

It was the middle of the 6th period after lunch, that I felt too bored and started tapping my pen against the table. Plus, outside looked gloomy. It seemed like a heavy rain was in the air.

I felt my stomach growl with an unnecessary noise. Soon, it started to hurt that my mouth made a small whimper.

"Ugh"

My hand automatically held my stomach, having no idea about what was about to happen. I looked around to see if anyone noticed my weird behaviour, biting my bottom lip; frustrated.

"What the heck is happening to my tummy?!"

I talked to myself as I tried to write down the notes that Mrs. Lee was writing on the blackboard.

"Are you alright, Jung Mi?" I heard a familiar voice whisper from my right side that I turned my face in her direction.

"I don't know, my tummy hurt's so badly!" I whispered back to her with a sour face.

"What did you eat?" She whispered again, loud enough for me to hear.

"That strawberry milk drink I had, I think it's expired"

"Goddamn it!" Min Hee cursed under her breath while cluelessly thinking for a solution for my horrible stomach ache.

Why didn't I even check the expire date! Oh my god this hurts so bad ughh!

"Do you want to go to the toilet?" She asked, causing me to almost throw my book at her face. Did she think that I wanted to poop or something!? If I wanted too, I would be dashing towards the toilet!

"Are you kidding me? you think I'm gonna poo-"

"Is there any problem with the lesson Jung Mi?" I was cut off by Mrs. Lee, noticing us whisper to each other. Me and Min Hee were silent for a couple seconds that we both shared a clueless gaze.

"Teacher, Jung Mi's having a sto-"

"Teacher I-my, my head hurts"

Gladly I could get to think about something accurate to reason out before Min Hee exposes everything.

"Do you need to go to the infirmary?" Mrs.Lee asked with concern in her eyes.

"N-no teacher I'm fine."

"Okay then tell me if you want to leave."

I nodded in response while she walked back to the blackboard. As I looked at Min Hee; she had a look of full disagreement.

Ten minutes passed by; a drizzle started with the bright sun rays coming across the windows. At least it wasn't a storm. I felt the pain again and it didn't seem to leave me alone. It attacked me harder and harder. I had no choice but to bury my face in my arms, resting them on my desk.

"Arghh my tummy-it hurts..." I silently whined while the saulty liquid streamed out of my eyes. They dropped right on to the surface of my table.

I closed my eyes, hoping to fall asleep but it was impossible since the pain distracted me from everything else.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes again. I heard the rain drops land against the roof above me. And, soon enough, I fell into a fantasy world leading my thoughts to the nearby park in the city.

***

I came out of the public library with weak steps, to just read some fantasy book but-

"Why the heck I drank that stupid expired drink?"

I angrily looked at the empty milk carton that was on my hand before throwing it into a trash can near by. My stomach was creating weird noises with such an unbearable pain that I clutched on to it tight.