28

"I'm hungry" I mumbled stroking my tummy. She was crying so badly that I heard she sobs so loudly.

"Stand up, lets walk ahead"

Finally I decided, helping Min Hee to stand up. So we started walking casually on the way because... yeah we had no choice.

The first one who's gonna be the champion ran back to school passing us. My head automatically turned behind to see he disappears from my sight. How are we gonna face this cruel society now?!

But oh well who cares?! 😌
By the time, the tiredness that took over us slightly vanished that we kept walking randomly chit chatting. Our wet clothes have dried a little bit too thanks to the wind and the sunlight.

"Isn't this fun?" Min Hee broke the silence with a cheeky laughter. Well I can't disagree so I joined her to laugh.

"Woah are we on a set of an adventure movie?!"

"Apparently we are...😂"

Then we both laughed again to our own stupid joke. I mean I've never loitered around like this; specially in an unknown route.

"Oh! there's a fish cake shop!!"

My eyes landed on a street food shop that was across the road. We didn't waste a single second to dash towards it. Were we really tired some moments ago?!

"This is why I told you to take your money with you" I ranted buying three fish cakes for myself.

It wasn't enough actually. But we gotta eat something else too so it's better to get the maximum use of my limited amount of money. There were only $8!

The granny in the shop was really kind to give us some water to drink. We were thirsty to death though we didn't want to ask her. May be she read our faces. I've heard that grannies can read faces of kids like us. Because may be we're that easy for them to read?

Then we continued our walk again, having little talks on the way. We found another two street snacks shops that we were so grateful to pay a visit in them too.

After another twenty minutes, we collapsed on the edge of the road again. There we saw some runners running back to the school. So happy that they didn't see us...pheew 😰.

"Min Hee"

"Hmm?"

"I need to pee"

"WHAT??" I was desperately tolerating how badly I wanted to pee for almost thirty minutes. And now I can't keep it inside anymore. If I did, I'm sure that my urine bladder will explode out of space.

My mom needs me man! Can't die this young...😌

"You heard me Min Hee, I'm serious" I whined, pushing up all my strength to keep the urge to pee inside.

Min Hee scanned around and stood up. She pulled my hand up causing me to stand my lazy body. We walked a few feet ahead until we both spot a huge tree.

"Go behind it and do whatever you want to do. So be quick now!" She pushed me towards the tree spying around.

"Aish! hurry up girl!"

She stomped being aware of the surrounding. When I started pumping the unnecessary urin out of my system, I felt at really ease that I inhaled a deep breathe with a refreshing smile.

"Ugh I wanna pee too"

"YAHH!! I'M STILL PEEING!"

"What? Shut up dummy we both have the same things"

Min Hee blurted sitting a little away from me facing her back to me. Oh God this is so childish but can't help it. Before even it passes ten seconds, she pulled her pants up and jogged back to the road. How did she pee that fast while I'm still peeing here?!

"Yah Jung Mi what the heck are you still doing there quickly come here we gotta go back!!"

I snapped out of my world and rushed my shorts up to my waist before jump back to the road. Then I saw one of the announcing cabs has stopped there to pick us back to the school. I could see a few runners still running on the road too.

My cheeks burnt with the instant embarrassment. I avoided the eyes of the two announcing students and the driver before get into the trunk behind.

The cab drove back to school passing these runners on the way. And I got to spot the first one to finish the marathon was still running. Damn, I thought he has already finished running and maybe resting by now...

"You want some?" Min Hee shoved me a plastic cup of street snacks that I grabbed a few from it.

"We're hopeless man..." I sighed, crunching the fried snacks in my mouth.

"At least we're destined so don't worry girl!"

When we finally got nearer to the school, I could see so many students waiting at the entrance looking for a runner to appear.

"Here comes the winners of the marathon in the cab! give them a round of applause!!👏"

Me and Min Hee felt like burying under the ground alive when one of the announcing guys announced. We had no choice but to lay on the floor of the trunk to hide ourselves from the students who were watching.

A moment ago, I thought that we were really in an adventure set. But now, I regret.

"Min Hee"

"Ah?"

"Don't-don't ever tell me to join these shitty marathons again. I embarrassed myself enough for the rest of my life!"

--

"Ahhww mom it hurts!!! 😭" I was laying tummy flat on the bed. And I couldn't help but to yell in pain when mom heat my legs.

"This is what happens when you do things you can't. Well done! you learnt a lesson"

"Appreciate your daughter mom! At least I tried!!"

After getting off the cab, I didn't wait a single second at school that I vanished to my house with mom. Glad she had arrived at school knowing how unhealthy I am...

After coming home, all I wanted to do was hug my bed and drift into a deep slumber. But I could sleep only for two hours because my legs started to hurt so much. So yeah that's why my mom is heating my legs now.

"I'm sure your ECG result was wrong! How can a girl be this unhealthy if her heart is stable for a marathon?!" I stayed silent when mom kept nagging me. Well I was honestly speechless. I was thinking about my ECG result too.

"Wait! Then what about Min Hee? She couldn't make it either! Do you think her ECG was-"

"Son, keep heating her legs, I'll be back with a balm" Mom cut me off standing up from the bed to head downstairs.

"Awghhh idiot don't push that hard,you're crushing my bones even more!"

I screamed almost kicking Jungkook's chest. But I couldn't lift my legs that well since they were tired. He was about to say something but luckily mom came inside with some balm. I have no energy left to fight with him anyways...

Jungkook stopped heating and stood up for mom to sit. A cold feeling slowly ran on my skin when she applied some balm on my legs.

"This will get better by tomorrow sweetie~ so try to sleep now hm?"

She stroked my hair before planting a kiss on my head.
Lights off.
Eventually, the fatigue of my body brought me into my slumber.
Again.