24

"Excuse me miss, may I come in?"

It was the middle of the English period, when all of our attention darted towards the guys who were members of the sports club. They all came in and the guy whom I assumed as the leader whispered something to Mrs Lee.

"Kids, did you all bring your permission sheets for the marathon?" She asked that some students including me and Min Hee nodded yes.

"Then all hand your permission sheets to these students"

The members of the sports club started to collect the papers. I saw two of these members have so many more papers like these; probably from some other classes.

I thought mom would never let me to go for the marathon. But surprisingly she agreed though she still worried that I won't be able to make it since I've never done any sports related to running. Honestly I'm too lazy for sports, so mom didnt believe it at first when I suddenly ask her for the marathon. But Kookie said he won't in for this.

"An announcement will be given in the fifth period about checking your ECG, so stay alert" One of the sports club members said before trail out to the next classes.

Then all of us resumed studying. But I was getting anticipate till the time flies to the fifth period. Maybe that's why it felt like a whole year that the clocks sticks were moving slow.

But I'm still wondering who the heck put that marble collar for Haru... I mean that's so creepy. Specially when it's the exact same collar I imagined...

Woah wait I just discovered something 😂

So my imaginary cat collar is for sale in real life? Woah!! 😂
But damn I didn't even tell anyone about Haru... 🤔

"Attention please! this is for all students who are willing to participate in the marathon! Please check your ECG in the infirmary after lunch! Only the ones with a stable healthy ECG result will be selected to the competition, thank you!"

We could hear the vice principal sir's voice echoes through the hallways from the speakers. Thank god finally found a chance to cut the math period.

——

After lunch, me and Min Hee decided to walk to the infirmary as we saw some bunch of students heading that direction.

"Actually how do they check our ECG?" I questioned Min Hee. I've never had checked my ECG before so I was a little curious.

"Well all you need to do is take off your shirt and bra then they will check it"

"WHAT oh god stop joking!" I nervously laughed hitting her forearm.

"I'm not joking" She hit me back lightly before we enter the infirmary.

_____

Ten minutes passed but still they haven't called my name. I was standing in the line with Min Hee behind me while one by one students come and go for the checkups. Medical team had covered the space with green curtains where they do it. So I couldn't get any clue of what's happening inside

"Jeon Jung Mi"

Suddenly I heard my name was called that I hurriedly jogged there. A nurse guided me inside the curtains that I saw another two nurses with a male doctor. He kind of looks younger though; his back profile told me.

"Please take off all your upper clothes and get onto this bed" A nurse with a serene smile told me patting the bed.

"Ehehe... do I really.... have to?😅"

"Yes and be quick now" Another nurse replied a little annoyingly waving her hand towards the bed.

Oh my goodness!
What the hell!!!!!!!
If I knew this would happen, I would never ask permission for this stupid marathon...
What should I do now! 😭
I don't wanna undress!!!
There are so many people here!
And– and do–don't tell me that male doctor is the one who is gonna check my ECG...