Chapter Two 🐉

My eyes focus on the ceiling to floor window that faces my bed. The sky is pitch black, and only the small stars bring some light to the night sky. I am able to make out of the tall ancient trees with my enhanced vision.

My head rests against the silk covered pillow while the silk sheets rest against my waist. My hair sticks to my face and the back of my neck. I did not bother to get dressed since I want to relax before beginning my day.

I can head the water running from the shower through the closed door. The female that I spent the past several hours is preparing to leave. We do not know each other and were attracted to one another. I craved the touch of a female tonight and my hunger would not vanish until I took care of my needs.

I have lived a long life in the eyes of humans but I am still young in the eyes of dragons. I have searched for my female, the female that belongs to me, but I have yet to find her. I cannot help but wonder if the Gods are testing me since I have not found her. I have long grown tiered of the meaningless sex that o have with women to see to my needs. I do approve the women I have sex with and they are aware of the situation. I am never with the same women nor than once, and that also works for them since they have yet to find their mate.

The door opens and I glance over in the direction of the silver haired woman that was my partner for the evening. She picks up her clothing from the floor, and then gets dressed.

"Thank you for tonight Vulcan. You really helped see to my needs, and I feel like I can somewhat stand work today," said Rosa.

"Thank you as well Rosa, I hope that you do not bite the head off your assistant today," I said after recalling our conversation from the bar last night.

She throws her head back while laughing, "For his sake I hope so as well". She snaps her fingers and in an instance disappears from my bedroom.

My eyes glance over at the clock and I see that it is only three in the morning. I might as well try to get some sleep because I still have time before I have to get ready for work. I lower my head further into the pillow and close my eyes.

My first mates contact with the beat up red punching bag. The bad swings with such force from my punch. I do not feel any pain despite not wearing tape around my knuckles. There is no reason for me to wear it, since I do not feel any pain from the small punching bag. I have been awake and working out for a few hours because I could not sleep well.

I sigh as I walk away from the punching bag because I have to get ready for work. I walk out of the gym and into the dark hallway. There is not much noise in the house at this hour. When I reach the end of the hall I turn left, and then walk up the stairs. I walk up the rounded stairway until I reach the final floor.

When I am in my bathroom, which has white walls, white and black tiles, white jacuzzi and a large glass shower. I trip out of my shorts and step into the shower. I sigh in relief when the hot water cascades from the shower head. I quickly wash my hair and body, and then get out of the shower.

I look into the mirror as I look at my wet red hair and blue eyes that have specks of gold in them. I brush my teeth and then walk out of the bathroom to my closet. I quickly slip on blue silk boxers, black slacks, a gray dress shirt and my suit jacket. I make sure that my leather shoes are polished before I slip them on and leave my bedroom.

I slam my office phone down as I stare at the damn thing. I hate that phone because I have to deal with idiots all day. I sigh in frustration as I try not to think about my phone call. My day has been spent filling out paperwork, in meetings and taking phone calls.

My office door swings open without warning, and my brothers; Aeric and Qullian, walk into my office. Aeric closes the door behind him while Qullian makes himself comfortable on the black leather sofa.