Chapter Seventeen 🐉

I grin as sweat drips down the nape of my neck. I appears that a tornado went off in the sparring room. Mats and other equipment are scattered across the room. Lightbulbs are dangling from the ceiling. There are several cracks in the pristine white walls.

Scales have appeared across Eryx pale skin. A grin appears on his face as he brushes the rubble off his pants. Blood drives down his right arm, and several

"I was not expecting you to last this long, but I am glad," said Eryx.

It has been about twenty minutes since we have been in this room. In this time frame I have managed to land two hits, which means I have one to go. It has been ages since I have been able to really spar with someone. My left hand curls into a fist. A large black claw digs into my skin wanting to draw blood. Scattered across my arms are black and red scales.

"Avalon insisted that I do not hold back, and I am glad I listened. It has been too long since I had a proper sparing," I said.

He hums, "Do you have anyone to spar with? I can tell you still have not unleashed all of your power".

I chuckle at how observant he really is. I have not unleashed all of my power, since I do not want to risk killing my future father-in-law.  There are only two people I can spar with without truly injuring them.

"Yes, I spar with my brothers when time allows for it. Occasionally, I will spar with Dion or Roark," I said.

He nods his head, "I can understand since I spar with my sons".

There is an air of silence around us. I can hear the hustle of the clan returning home above us. Footsteps of adults and the occasional hurried run from children. We wait to see who will make the first move.

"I shall change the rules of our earlier agreement because you impressed me," he said.

I raise an eyebrow in question. Why would he change the rules suddenly? I know he wishes to tell me about Avalon after I pass this test of his.

"Alright, what would the change to our agreement be?"

He stretches his arms above his head. The grin from earlier remains on his face. "You said that you would die to protect my daughter. Consider this as your third hit if you are able to protect Avalon from this attack," he said.

I narrow my eyes as I will my magic to appear. The bones on my back crack as wings appear. My posture moves to a defensive stance as I keep my eyes on him. He lowers a hand and channels a powerful amount of magic.  Well, he was not mistaken that it is a powerful attack. He extends his arm out towards me. A moment later blue water with hints of yellow appears.

Eryx extends his arm out and throws the the sphere. My wings flap and I quickly fly in front of the sphere. Since its target is Avalon it will be heading to Saiya's home.

The air brushed against my body as I fly at a quick speed. I take a deep breathe in before I spin my body. A unique mixture of air and magic fills my lungs. After I exhale several balls of fire fly through the sky. The sphere attempts to avoid them, but the fireballs still make an impact.

My body moves back and I increase my speed. Saiya's home comes into view, and I notice Luxe is in front of a window. He opens the window and moves to the side. My wings lower to the side as I squeeze through the window.

Once I am inside the flap out, and I increase my speed. Avalon's scent is nearby, and I can sense that she is in the master bathroom. It appears that Saiya's and her mother are also there. Why would she be in there?

As I enter the bathroom I see Siaya is in the tub filled with water. Avalon's hair is dripping with water, and loose. Beautiful blue scales scatter across her naked body. A low growl escapes my lips as I take in her naked body. Smooth pale skin, full breasts with perky pink nipples.