Chapter Twenty-four 🌊

I hum softly as I put on my crystal and garnet hoop earrings. They were another lovely gift from Vulcan. He often showers me with little gifts or sweet notes. I particularly like waking up to a note when he has to wake up early. My mate can be such a sweetie despite being a badass.

I walk out of the bathroom and into our bedroom. Vulcan is sitting on the small sofa. His long legs are spread out as he types on his phone. Knowing him he is probably answering work emails. I can understand his work tendencies since he wants to keep his father's business alive. Starting a business it not an easy thing, and it can end in a blink of an eye. It took me years and a lot of effort to open my own salon.

Vulcan smiles when he notices that I am in our bedroom, and I walk up to him. His eyes scan my body, which makes me shiver. His hungry gaze makes me feel desired, and I want him to keep looking at me. I suppose his stare is thanks to the outfit I am wearing. I went with a skin tight red dress with a sweetheart, and black heels. We are meeting his friends for the evening, but I thought I would dress up a little. I am rather excited to meet Yuna and Ion tonight, since our meeting got postponed. I understand considering Yuna is pregnant, and will suddenly feel unwell. We decided to have dinner at a popular Japanese restaurant in town. Vulcan stands up, and wraps his arms around my waist. He pulls me into his chest, and my hands cling onto his shirt. He leans down, and presses his soft lips against my own. I allow my mate to dominate the kiss, which he turns into a slow and sensual one. I feel my body begin to heat up as it craves the man who is sucking on my tongue. Suddenly, Vulcan pulls his lips away from mine, and I whimper in need.

"We must be off for our dinner, but I will pleasure you delicious body later," says Vulcan in a deep husky tone.

I find myself nod as he grins at me, and then pulls away from our little embrae. He holds onto my hand, and leads us into the hallway. The lights are dimly light, yet he leads us through the large connected halls in the den. I am starting to become familiar with the places I frequent in the den. After work tomorrow I am planning on exploring a little until Vulcan returns from work, and his duties. Mother said she will join me, so that we can begin my training as the female leader. She said that this will allow the clan members to interact with me, and to solidate my place within the clan. While I am lost in my thoughts Vulcan has lead us to the garage, and opens the passenger door. He helps me into the car, and then shuts the door closed. I buckle my seatbelt while he goes to the drivers side. Once his seatbelt is buckled, and the engine is on we drive off into the night.

"I am excited to meet Yuna and Ion! You mentioned that you grew up with Yuna," I said.

Soft jazz music plays in the background as we drive further away from the den. Darkness surrounds us, yet my eyes can see the sharp mountain cliffs, and trees. Vulcan hums as his eyes remain on the road in front of us.

"Yes Yuna grew up alongside my brothers, and I since our mothers were good friends. Unfortunately, Yuna lost her parents at a young age, and she had to become a mother an father to her younger brother," says Vulcan.

"That makes her a strong woman then. What about her mate, Ion?"

That is a rather sad story, but is it not an uncommon one if you grow up in the supernatural community. No matter the species you make enemies, and they tend to hold grudges for centurie. My own family is on the run from a mad King who wishes to obtain momma's magic. Thank the Gods, and Goddesses he has not learned of our family. I have inherited my momma's magic, and perhaps one day my sisters will. When I was younger I wanted to attend school on the surface as curiosity, but there was a little fear within me as well. I was not always as powerful as I am now. After I settled in on the surface my father allowed me to train with a trusted friend. Now that I am mates to Vulcan I can sense a new strength within me.