Chapter Thirty-one 🌊

Tears fall down my face a I hold onto my flat stomach. Twins. My sweet dragon and I are going to have twins!  This is one of the happiness days of my life. Well aside from meeting my handsome dragon and our mating ceremony. I am sure the day my guppies are born will be added to the growing list.

Humans may consider it early to have children, but not supernatural beings. We grow up learning the importance of a mate, and having a family. As we age we slow learn more, and prepare for our future. In high school females and omegas learn about heats and families. If you continue to college there are more advanced courses. I did take one my freshmen year and another during my junior year. I figured that it would not hurt to be a little more prepared. Moving to the surface for high school helped prepare me for Vulcan. I truly believe that my subconscious knew that my mate was on the surface. Only the Goddess would know though.

"Thank you Elder Hera. I had a feeling but I wanted to make sure," I say.

Elder Hera looks at me with confusion as she takes the crystal off my stomach. Her magic disappears, but a little flutters remain. Probably a small side affect that should go away quickly.

"Is there a reason you Sudanese that was the case Mistress Avalon. I am not too familiar with mermaid pregnancies," says Elder Hera.

"That is fine Elder Hera, and we have a high fertility rate. Twins and multiples are quite common," I tell her.

Elder Hera hums as she sits down in a small stool with wheels. "My that is rather interesting, and the opposite for us. I will make sure to do some studying for your pregnancy," she says.

"Thank you Elder Hera we would appreciate that. I came to you because I trust you with Avalon's health," says Vulcan.

Elder Hera smiles at Vulcan's words. "That you Master Vulcan, I am honored to continue overseeing your families heath," says the Elder.

Vulcan helps me sit up, and I can see the happiness through his smile. I can see the pride that shines in his eyes. This makes me beyond happy that my mate is excited about our twins. From what Elder Hera said it seems that she has been taking care of Vulcan's family for ages.

"How long have you been looking after the health of Vulcan's family?" I ask as I adjust my dress.

Elder Hera hums for a moment before answering,"I have been taking care of the health of Master Vulcan's family since his grandfather was clan leader".

Vulcan smiles at Elder Hera much like one would a grandmother. "Elder Hera was a childhood friend of my grandfather. She helped deliver my father as well as my siblings and I," says Vulcan.

Well now it makes sense why my dragon sought her out. She is clearly a close and old family friend. As well as someone who has helped deliver many children in Vulcan's family. There is no doubt in my mind that I will become close to the Elder. She has this kind and nurturing aura around her. It makes me wonder if this is what I would have felt with my own grandmother. I am not surprised that Elder Hera has a limited knowledge on mer pregnancy. These are one of those things we keep to ourselves. Well unless we are mated to a non-mer, which happens to apply to me. I will have to contact momma or Waverly. They may have  virtual copies of mermaid anatomy books. When I moved housing during college my high school books got lost.

"Let me talk to my mother and sister Elder Hera. I may be able to get you virtual books on our anatomy," I say.

Elder Hera smiles,"I would appreciate that, and I would have to look through our archives as well".

Vulcan nods,"Thank you Elder Hera. When should we come back to see you?"

Elder Hera moves in her chair, and goes over to the small table. As she looks through things she answers,"I would like to see you both in two weeks. Until then I will give Mistress Avalon some vitamins".