Chapter Thirteen 🌊

I sigh as I run my fingers against my forehead as I sit on the sofa. I cannot believe that papa insisted that we have dinner with Vulcan and his family at his clan's den. I love that I will get to have dinner with Vulcan and his family, but I am nervous about going to the den. I have no idea why, but going to my mates house is making me nervous.

"Oh sweetie you do not have to be nervous about having dinner at your mate's house. I will admit that I was nervous gong over to papa's house,"said momma.

I look over at momma who is now sitting next to me on the sofa. Her ruby colored hair seems to glow in the light. She is dresses in a white sun dress with red dots, and butterfly sleeves. Momma looks pretty wearing surface clothes, and she looks a little dresses up.

"That does make me feel a little better, but I thought you knew grandpa and grandma," I said.

Momma smiles, "Yes I knew them a little from passing in town. I would always greet them because it was respectful. However, meeting them as your father's parents was scary, but I had nothing to fear because they were so welcoming".

I sigh softly when I hear that even momma was nervous about meeting my grandparents. I would have never guessed that because they get along very well. Well this makes me feel a little better about freaking out. I mean I have met Vulcan's family, and they seem very nice, but my family is going to meet them now! Momma never had to go through this because her mother died when she was sixteen, and she never met her father. She had to stop going to school, and go to work to take care of her three younger siblings.

"Do you think that I am being silly about worrying about this situation?" I ask.

Momma smiles at me as she shakes her head, and wraps her arm around my shoulder. "I think that you do not have to worry. You said that Vulcan and his family are very lovely people. I am sure we will get along well, and I will keep your father in line," she said.

I smile at her, and lean against her shoulder. I hum softly because I love how warm and soft momma feels. Ever since I was a guppy I have loved to cuddle with momma, especially when we watched TV.

"Thank you momma and I am sure that you are right. Maybe I am just nervous about going to a den full of dragons. Ah I mean Vulcan and his family are great but..." I said.

"You are nervous about going to his home instead of somewhere you know. How about we go upstairs and pick something nice for you to wear for your mate," said momma.

I smile at her, "Thank you momma and that sounds like a good idea. I would be a little embarrassed to be wearing my house clothes when she gets here".

I do now know how, but momma always knows what to say to make everything better. We get up from the coach, and then head to the stairs. When we reach the top of the stairs we turn, and then walk down the hallway. Momma tells me to sit down on the bed, and that she will look for an outfit. I laugh softly and sit down on the bed, because she would get her way even if I protested.

Momma hums one of her favorite songs as she looks through my closet. She pulls out a baby blue dress with white shells, and short butterfly sleeves. Momma holds onto the dress, and starts to look at my shoes. After a few moments she pulls out a pair of black wedge sandals that lace up in the front. The outfit is very cute, and something that I would have probably picked out.

Momma has always picked outfits for Waverly, Coralia and I on our most important days. She picked our outfits for our first day of school, and for formal dances at school. I am sure that when Vulcan and I have our mating ceremony she will be there with me to pick a dress. I have always been happy to have momma with me for my biggest moments. I am a little sad we will not live close to one another. I mean I am going to be a mother one day, and I wish she were closer. I know that I can call her at any time of day for advice or to just talk, but it is not the same.  A part of me wishes they would live on the surface, but I know that will never happen. My parents have their life underwater, and my brothers and their families are there as well. If there is  body of water close to the den then maybe momma could visit easier.