Chapter Three 🌊

I hum softly as I walk though the crowded coffee shop with Waverly and Coralia. It is my favorite coffee shop and I make sure to stop by when I am home. We managed to find a seat near the orange coral window.

"I never got why we have to use our legs in shops," said Coralia.

"Supposedly it is supposed to get us used to our legs. Also, a lot of the shop keepers complained about guppies knocking over items with their tails," said Waverly.

I nod, " Yes, they made this rule when mother and father were young. I will admit that it is helpful because I have to walk on the surface".

"Do you have anywhere to swim on the surface? I feel like it is going to be weird to not be surrounded by water all the time," said Waverly.

"Yes you will, my house has a pool and I work on the pier right by the beach. When I feel the need to swim I just go ahead. I am sure that your university will have a pool," I said.

"That sounds nice. Was it difficult for you to adjust? I am a little nervous because I have not been to the surface before," said Waverly.

Waverly twirls the end of her hair as she looks down at her coffee. She is nervous because these are one of her habits since we were guppies. I remember being nervous before I went to the surface as well. It was a little scary at first, but I got use to it because Marina and Zarya were with me.

"I am sure that you will adjust and I will be there for you. I think that your visit will be beneficial before you start school," I said.

She lets out a soft sigh in relief while Coralia enjoys her drink. "Thank you Ava, it makes me feel better that you are here," said Waverly.

I smile at her use of my childhood nickname. What I really want to know is why she suddenly wants to come up to the surface. The last time we talked she was going to the same university as her boyfriend. I assume that something happened between them.

"Wave, why do you suddenly want to come to the surface? I am happy that you are coming," I said.

"Tryan and I broke up. We were on a date at the city center when we met his mate. I am happy that he found his mate, but I can't be at the same university as them," said Waverly.

Now I can understand why she wants to come to school at the surface. Waverly knee they were not mates when she became eighteen, and accepted it. However, it is still difficult to accept that your boyfriend met his mate, especially when you were on a date with him. I want to cheer her up somehow, even if it is for a little.

"I will try to make your visit as fun as I can! We can do whatever you want. I may be able to arrange of your university if you would like," I said.

"Oh that sounds great! I think that seeing the campus will settle my nerves a little. Um I am not sure what to do there but we will see," said Waverly.

"Great! I will make a phone call to arrange the tour, and I will think of a few places that you might like," I said.

"I wish that I could go visit the surface too, but I doubt that father will let me," said Coralia.

"I would try to convince father, but I doubt that it would go well," I said.

It is a miracle that father is allowing Waverly to visit me. He is very strict about having his guppies visit somewhere without mother or himself. Maybe he will allow Coralia to visit when she is eighteen, and he sees that Waverly is settled with life on the surface.

"Can you try to convince him for my one hundred eighteenth birthday? I doubt that father will let me visit now," said Coralia.

I smile at her," I will do my best to convince him".