Chapter Eughteen 🌊

I sigh happily as I submerge my body into the hot water. My body leans back, and I rest my head on the edge. Lavender scented bubbles cover my naked body. I am alone in the bathroom since Vulcan had to take care of some clan business. He surprised me with this bubble bath and a glass of champagne.

We had spent the day with our mothers planning our mating ceremony. The date has already been set to Saturday, and the clan has been informed. I called Marina and Zaraya today to tell them the good news. They were happy for me, and asked how they could help.  My only request was that they come dress shopping with me tomorrow.

I am very happy that my parents and sisters will be able to attend my mating ceremony. Momma contacted my brothers to see if they could attend. They told momma they would have to check with their workplace first. I hope that at least one of my brothers will be able to attend the ceremony. It is rather difficult to take time off in such short notice. Papa never missed a day of work, which is why his supervisor approved his time off.

I hum softly as the hot water soothes the aches in my body. All that walking and planning can really cause some muscles to ache. Maybe I should ask Vulcan to teach me some combat training. It may be beneficial to learn more combat training for situations when it may be difficult to use magic.

A soft knock on the door awakens me from my thoughts. I can sense that Neri and Siaya are on the other side of the door. Her energy seems better than it was the day before. Her mate may be closer to the clan since my magic would not be that affective.

"Come in" I said as I scoop bubbles in my hands. I blow the iridescent bubbles, and they scatter back into the tub. The door opens and they walk in together.

Neri seems to have a glow to her mocha colored skin. Happiness can be seen in her eyes. I am glad that she is getting along with Roark. I can already tell that he will be a good mate to her. Siaya has gained some color back to her skin, and her eyes do not look as dull.

"Oh my, I hope we did not interrupt your bath," said Siaya.

I wave my hand to dismiss her comment. "You are not interrupting anything. I was about to get out soon anyway," I said.

"Um Lady Siaya wanted to speak to you, and I brought her here," said Neri.

"Yes I was surprised that Neri knew where you were. Would it be alright if we had a quick chat?" asks Siaya.

I chuckle since I am not surprised that Neri knew where I was. We are connected since I provide Neri with the energy she needs to survive. Once she and Roark officially mate I will no longer be her main source of energy. That is a discussion she will need to have with Roark before they mate.

"We are very close and Neri asked for my location. Mermaids are also able to communicate telepathically with ones they are close to," I explain.

I do not give Siaya the entire truth for safety reasons. She seems trustworthy, but it is for her safety as well. Unfortunately, evil has eyes and ears in even the safest places. I do not want to risk harming any of my new family members. While Siaya is not blood related to Vulcan he sees her as family.

My hand reaches down to pull the drain, and then the water begins to drain. I stand up from my position in the tub, revealing my body. I am careful as I walk down the marble steps. Siaya seems surprised that I am not embarrassed to show nudity. Vulcan explained that dragons do not view nudity as an issue. They shift out in the open and expose themselves to clan members. However, males are highly protective of their mates. After mating they are known to horde their mate in their chamber for an extended period.

"Are the mers not bothered by nudity? I hope that my question was not rude," said Siaya.

I walk to the vanity and sit down in front of the large mirror. I pick up the elegant gold comb and begin to brush my hair.