Chapter Twenty-seven 🌊

After a long day at work it feels great to be home. It was a busy day filled with back to back appointments. The only reason I ate lunch was because Vulcan ordered Chinese for me. He ordered my favorite meal, and I ate when Mia swept the floor. I thought it was sweet that she cleaned my station.

The sun is setting yet there is a warm humidity in the air. The grass is cool after clan members with a nature ability tended to it. Nerri, Willow and I are sitting on the grass. Yuna is sitting on a bench due to her growing baby bump. She still feels weak at times but has more energy than before. After a lot of insisting from a worried mate Yuna went to see the clan's healers. The healer told her that baby is powerful and is draining a lot of her magical energy. She assured Yuna this is normal, and that she should feel better in two to three weeks.

A pleasant breeze makes my hair fly in every direction. The tree branches and flowers move in the direction of the wind. Willow holds onto her hair as she giggles softl. Yuna smiles as she looks down at us.

"I did not expect the sudden wind," says Willow.

"Yes it was and it carried the scent of rain," said Neri.

Yuna raises an eyebrow in confusion as she smoothed her dress down with her hands. "What does the rain smell like? I did not sense rain".

When a stronger breeze comes I can smell humidity. A scent that is similar to the ocean appears as well. My body relaxes abs I start to look forward to the rain.

"It smells similar to the ocean but there is a different I can't explain," I say.

Neri nods her head in agreement at my explanation. Maybe we notice it because we are so strongly connected to water and the ocean. It was something I notice during my first experience with rain. Perhaps I was able to notice the scent because I never saw rain until coming to the surface. We have our own weather differences due to ocean currents and storms. Before coming to the surface I saw rain on movies or tv shows. Yes we get quite good internet and TV down there.  They even show us programs from the surface. That reminds me I should probably video call my family tonight.

"That sounds interesting. Maybe we just notice different things because our abilities," says Willow.

Neri bums as she turns her gaze over to Yuna. "Yuna what is the upcoming fire festival like?"

Yuna remains silent for a moment as she thinks about it. Her hand moves to her stomach and she smiles. "It is a lot of fun for everyone. There is a lot of food and games for the hatchlings. When they go to sleep we dance and the real party begins," says Yuna.

"Umm what kind of party?" Willow questions as she shifts her gaze to Yuna.

"It is to give thanks to the Fire God and become closer to him. This happens when Vulcan is used fo channel the God himself. Things tend to get wild and more adult," she says.

I want to laugh at Neri and Willow who are blushing a bright red. My own reaction was similar when I was told about the festival. After Vulcan informed me mama and Ember have been helping me plan. This is the first festival I am in charge of and I want everyone to like it. A group of several mothers volunteered to decorate for the festival. We made up a little planning team and designed the two outdoor spaces. Tonight we are going to decorate the backyard, and tomorrow morning I we will decorate a section of the woods closest to the mountain. Apparently, after things get heated makes like to take their mates to a private rooms carved into the mountain. Neri and Willow are probably not ready for that, and they have wonderful mates. I know that Roark and Aeric would not push their mates to do something they do not want to.

"I will probably not participate in the evening celebrations this year. If you both do not feel ready we can have dinner together with our mates," says Yuna.