Chapter Thirty-four 🐉

My hands roam down Avalon's waist as she gets ready. The first day of the festival has arrived, and the den is full of life. Not that it is lifeless yet there seems to be a special buzz in the air. The Elders and adults of the pack are in tune with the magic. The hatchlings are excited for the games and food they get to eat. Also, those who recently came of age will use today to seek out their mate. Festivals make the entire clan gather at once, and it allows everyone to catch up and bond. My sweet treasure has been buzzing with excitement. She is looking forward to the festival despite her nerves. This is the first large scale event she has planned, and wants everything to go well. While preparations were being made I overheard the clan women praise.

She is not a dragon, yet she is quickly learning our culture.
I am learning about hers as well, and would like to do something for her. Waverly mentioned they have a large festival at the start of summer. I will have time to do more research, and put something together. It will not be like the festivals Avalon has back home, but hopefully I can do something similar. The timing also works out because our summer festival is about four weeks later.

Avalon turns around and looks up at me with her beautiful eyes. Her ombré blue hair is curled at the end. She has her hair in a high ponytail with a gold hair tie holding it in place. She is wearing a red dress with a sweetheart neckline. The bodice of the dress has gold lace that resembles scale. The dress itself stops above her knees, and has a longer sheer back. If I remember from all of Ember's fashion rants this dress is a high-low style. I do not know much about fashion, but I do know that my mate looks beautiful.

"You look stunning today my treasure, but you always do," I say.

Avalon smiles as she stands up, and places her hands on my shirt. I am wearing a simple outfit of a red button down, black trousers and black shoes. I lean down and press a soft kiss against her lips. The kiss is short and sweet, but it settles the want for my mate. Well at least for the time being.

"Thank you Vul and I am looking forward to today. Qullian went to get Weaverly and Noir right?"

"Yes and he should be back home soon," I tell her.

When Qullian heard I was sending someone to get his mate he ran to our bedroom. He asked if he could leave to bring his mate over. It did not sit well with him to have someone else do it. I chuckled and agreed as long as he also picked up Weaverly. It is rather amusing to see Qullian with Noir. My brother was not looking forward to meeting his mate. However, in the span of a few days Noir was Qullian wrapped around her finger. I cannot say that I am any better with my own mate. I would do wharves it takes to make Avalon happy.

"That's good! I know that Ember and Mother are looking forward to meeting her," says Avalon.

I nod, "Mom knows Noir from when she was a child. Father, and her went to visit Noir's family then to sign an alliance".

Avalon nods as she stands up and wraps her arm around mine. She leans into me and rests her head on my upper arm.

"I find it interesting that you created a treaty with a tengu clan. Did they not take offense to not being invited to your home?"

I shake my head as I lead us out of our bedroom. "No and this was due to them just moving. Noir's clan is the only tengu clan in the states".

"Really? Why would they move to the states if no other clans were here?" Avalon Asia with curiosity in her voice.

"Noir's mother is half tengu and half dryad. His mother had family here, and they settled near her childhood home," I explain.

"Dryad? I do not believe I have heard of that specifies," says Avalon.