Chapter Twenty-One 🌊

The warm rays of the run feel amazing against my skin. The sun is shining, and there is not a cloud in the sky. Before going to the surface mom told me sunny days are a good omen.

I lean against the doorframe that leads to the balcony. Humidity is in the air, and I can tell it will be hot today. The mating ceremony was wonderful, and I will always remember it. The clan was very welcoming, and would stop to talk to Vulcan and I.

Strong arms wrap around my waist. I melt into Vulcan, and rest my head on his chest. His lips press down onto my forehead. Delicious shocks spread through my body at his touch.

"Good morning Vul," I said.

"Good morning my treasure. I apologize for not waking you, but I had to oversee training," explains Vulcan.

I smile as I turn around in his arms. Now, I am facing him and look up into his blue eyes with amber flecks. His thick red hair is tousled, possibly from running his hands through it. While I would love to spend all of my time with him, I am aware it is not possible. Vulcan and I both have our own careers.

"You do not have to apologize for attending to your duties. I want to learn from mama, so that I can help you," I said.

Vulcan is also the leader of a large dragon clan. I will slowly take over my own duties. Mama will teach me, and allow me to help her when I am home from work. According to mama the female leader serves a very important role in the clan.

"Thank you and you will make a wonderful female leader. Mother will teach you everything you know, but I believe you will be a natural," said Vulcan.

My mates words are very encouraging, yet I hope to live up to his expectations. Yes I own my business and have leadership skills. However, will that be enough to help Vulcan lead a clan of dragons?

Ember was telling me that the males become quite intense during a fight. Aeric assured me women are not harmed. Males typically fight when their dominance is questioned.

I have taught my own battles since I arrived to the surface. Vulcan will no doubt interfere to protect me. I am not a weak little girl. However, I do not want the males in the clan to think Vulcan is weak. I do know that Quillian thought it was awesome I made Roark fall to his knees without a touch.

Vulcan's lips kissing my neck, and my mark brought me back. I moan softly as he continues to assault my mark.

"Stop overthinking thing. You will do a wonderful job," he said.

"I think so as well, but I do not want the clan to think you are weak if I want to fight my own battles," I said.

Vulcan chuckles as his hot breath hits my mark. My body trembles with need. Oh no calm down! Now is not the time because we are both returning to work.

"You are always free to fight your own battles. The clan will approve of a female leader who is strong. I will only intervene when it is necessary," said Vulcan.

I cling onto Vulcan as I stand on my toes. My lips press against his in a soft kiss. Our lips dance together in a slow and sensually. Vulcan deepens the kiss as he slips his tongue in my mouth.  I moan as he licks and sucks in my tongue.

I whimper with need when our kiss ends. I pant slowly as I try to catch my breath. Vulcan smirks at me with a hungry look in his eyes. Oh my! I would love for a sexy dragon to eat me right now.

A deep growl vibrates from his chest. I moan loudly as I hold onto his shirt. Vulcan's hand moves down my back. I jump up as his palm slaps my ass. My body trembles as my panties begin to dampen.