Chapter Thirty-six 🌊

A/N: Happy Saturday everyone! I hope that you all are enjoying your weekend so far. I thought that this chapter published last night, but just realized it didn't.
Happy reading~

I splash water on my face as the cool air conditioning hits the back of my neck. The fireworks ended, and we came back inside for a break. The women, most of them are elderly, put a spread of food in the kitchen. Well it is more like quick snack food before the evening activities begin. This also gives females a time to feed their hatchlings, and go through their nightly routine. Vulcan is currently eating with his brothers, and his  male friends. Ember ran off when she saw her friends once we got back to the Den. I am in a large powder room with Waverly Neri, Willow and Noir.

Waverly groans as she looks in the mirror and tries to fix her hair, which looks rather frizzy. The humidity is rather high, and I had this problem after moving here. Mermaids are very aware of our appearance, more so our hair. Women and submissives are taught to care for our hair, skin, and tail. There is a belief that we should look appealing and beautiful for ourshelves, but for our mate as well.

Wavely groans as she pats her hair down after putting some water on our hands. "Why won't my hair go down!"

I giggle as I turn around and gently run my fingers through Waverly's thick long hair.  "I had the same problem after moving here".

Waverly hums as she leans into my touch, and I lightly massage her scalp. "How does your hair and Nei's look so pretty then?"

Neri smiles as she leans into the counter after washing her hands. "Um Thank you! My old Mistress introduce me to  different types of cream and sprays with my hair. I still use them now but they are for my hair type".

I am glad to hear that, but I am not surprised because Neri has beautiful hair. It is clear that she take care of her hair. As a hairdresser and salon owner this makes me happy. "There is a hair serum that works with our hair type. We can go shopping together this week if you have time, because I also ran out of mine".

Waverly smiles as she runs her hands around my neck, and gives m e quick hug. "Thank you! I have some time on Wednesday afternoon  after one thirty".

I raise an eyebrow because she usually has a class during this time. She seems to notice my confusion because she explains. "My professor canceled our class but gave us an additional assignment due this week," says Waverly.

I nod my head in agreement, "Ok I can do that then since there is an opening in my schedule"

Noir grins, "If you come by the cafe then I'll have coffee ready for you. Oh well I suppose an ice tea in Avalon's case.  Um I also want to try out a new tart".

Waverly and I quietly shout an excited "yes" at the promise of drinks and treats. It is sweet that Noi is being considerate of my pregnancy because I can't drink coffee. It took a bit of an adjustment not drinking coffee. I love drinking coffee in the morning, and sometimes during a lunch break. Thankfully, mom suggested tea, and adding slices of fresh fruit to my water. She mentioned having the same problem at first when she was pregnant. My parents were so happy when we told them I was pregnant. Mom yelled happily that she was going to be a grandma. It took father a few minutes to register the news. He quickly threatened Vulcan to take care of me and the guppies. Afterwards, he was happy to ask questions about how I was feeling, and when my due date is. He and mom already made plans to come to the surface before my due date. Coralia and my brothers also rushed downstairs after hearing mom scream. They were happy for us, and hoping they could come up to the surface as well.

Willow giggles," I am surprised you did not ask Qullian to come be your taste tester. The man loves food from what I have seen".

A blush appears on Noirs face, and she begins to play with loose strands of her black hair. "I have before but he always praises my food. I would like an unbiased opinion. Plus, I somehow always end up sitting on his lap!"