Chapter Four 🌊

The warm rays of the sun hit my arms, chest and legs. Today is a nice and sunny day, so I decided to wear a blue sun dress with iliac flowers, and rose gold sandals. Waverly is walking next to me with her hair up in a high ponytail. She has on a white sun dress with mint green stripes, and gold sandals.

I laugh softly as Waverly takes in the scenery while we walk through the neighborhood. Her eyes are wide with amazement as she takes everything in. We arrived to the surface two days ago. Yesterday we spent the majority of the day touring the university Waverly will attend. It is a nice campus and she seemed very happy. Today I decided to show her around the neighborhood and where I work.

"What do you think of the neighborhood so far?" I ask.

We walk down the old stone road that leads to the pier. Shops, cafes, and restraints are on both sides of the street. Many people are out and about since it is close to noon.

"It is really different from back home. The sky seems never ending, and there is so much color. Well a different type of color than back home," said Waverly.

I nod since that pretty much sums up my first impression of the surface. Oh and that everything, especially the skyscrapers, was gigantic! Now I have gotten use to life here and things just seem normal. It has been fun to watch Waverly's reactions because I think of myself when Zarya, Marina and I moved to the surface.

"I thought so as well, but you will get use to life here," I said.

We make a sharp left turn at the end of the road, and start to walk down the pier. The sand and blue water is directly across from us. I feel a sense of calm wash over me when I hear the sea waves. I spot the salon once we get to the mid section of the pier. From the window I see Mia talking to a customer, and Jayson dancing as he curls a clients hair. I laugh at his goofy antics as I pull open the door, making the bell chime.

Mia turns her head and smiles at me, " Welcome home Avalon".

Jayson turns around and waves his hand that is holding a comb. "Welcome back boss lady!" He shouts as he goes back to dancing and working on his client.

The rest of my staff far is working turns my direction and says helllo. Waverly hides next to my side as she takes in everything.

"Guys this is my sister Waverly. She is visiting for a few days before her college classes start up," I said.

"Hi Waverly I am Mia. Do you want anything to drink sweetie?"

"It is nice to meet you, and no thank you I am fine," said Waverly.

I smile at Waverly as she gives Mia a shy smile. "Just let Mia or myself know if you want something to drink,".

"Un I will make sure to do that. Can I take a look around the salon?" said Waverly.

"Yes, let me show you around the salon. It is a bit small compared to other salons but I love it," I said.

I love the salon with everything that I am. I managed to start a business out of college and it was not easy. I pulled through it and managed to still have my salon . I think that the location, advertisement and loyal customers have helped.

I walk Waverly through the salon that consists of six hair stations, five manicure and pedicure stations in a separate room, and a small wing that has two rooms for facials and wax, and two rooms for massages. At the back of the salon there is a narrow staircase that leads to my small office. I take Waverly to my office and pour us each a glass of water.