Chapter Eleven 🌊

I hum softly as I apply a smoothening cream to my clients hair. The scent of coconut and flowers relaxes me. Today has been a busy day, and I have not really had a break. I glance at the clock and notice that it is almost four in the afternoon.

Aside from my breakfast and a snack, a yogurt, I have not eaten. I feel like I am this busy because I am taking days off when my parents are here. I did not want to be working the entire time they are here. Today is my last day of work because they will arrive tomorrow morning.

I take the hair dryer and turn in on to a medium setting. My hand moves the dryer around my client's head, while I comb her hair with the brush in my other hand. A few minutes later her hair is dry, and nicely combed.

"Thank you so much for squeezing me in today! Mia said you are taking some time off "said Lizz, a regular client.

I smile at her as I set down my equipment and watch her look at her reflection. "Yes my parents will be in town and this is their first visit "I said.

Lizz sighs softly,"I totally get why you would want some time off. My parents are finally coming to visit my sister, and I because my sister found her mate".

I let out a soft laugh because that is one reason my parents decided to visit. If they were only coming up here to get Coralia and see that Waverly is settled in their visit would have been shorter.

"Well I hope that your parents have a nicevisit, and that you enjoy your time with them,"I said.

Lizz smiles at me in the mirror, "Thank you Avalon, and same to you".

"Thank you," I said as Lizz gets up from her chair. She takes off her robe while I strengthen my work station. After I strengthen up my equipment I grab the broom to clean up the hair.

While I sweep my area Lizz tells me goodbye as she stands next to Mia. I tell her a quick goodbye, and then go to throw the hair and dust away.

When I return from throwing away the garbage I notice that a delivery man is leaving a brown bag with Mia. Huh, I do not remember anyone calling to order lunch. Whatever is in the bag smells amazing, and I am reminded of how hungry I am.

Mia turns around and smiles at me, "Hey their boss lady. Your lunch has arrived and it smells great".

I blink in surprise, "That sounds great but I never ordered lunch".

Mia smiles, "The delivery guy said someone ordered it, and paid for the meal".

Mia hands me the bag and tells me to enjoy my lunch. I thank her as I take the bag from het hand. I make my way to my office to eat my lunch. I usually eat in the break room with the others, but I need some peace and quiet right now.

When I sit down at my desk I notice a little white paper stapled to the bag. I flip over the paper, and see a note written in elegant handwriting.

Hello Avalon,
I hope that you are having a good day despite being busy. I am sorry that I have not called or texted you. My schedule changed and I will call you when I get home.
I had a little time to stop by one of my favorite cafes and I ordered you some lunch as well. If you already are then you could possible save it for dinner.

Talk to you tonight.
Vulcan

I smile as I read the note, and then put it in the top drawer of my desk. It was sweet of Vulcan to think of me and send me lunch, I will have to thank him when we talk tonight.

I open the paper bag, and pull out a small container of salad. Then I pull out a sandwich wrapped in white paper and a bag of chips. I open the sandwich and hum when I see melted cheese, salami and veggies.