Chapter Seven 🐉

Avalon smiles at me as she places the bouquet in a crystal vase. She sets the vase in the center of the kitchen island, and then throws away the plastic wrapping. I smile at my mate as I think about how beautiful she looks tonight.

"Do you have everything that you need?"I ask Avalon as she walk out of the kitchen.

"Yes I have everything that I need,"said Avalon.

She turns her attention to her sisters, Waverly and Coralia, who remained near the front door. "There is dinner in the fridge and be good tonight Cor. Marina should be home soon," she tells her sisters.

Waverly smiles, "Thank you Ava, we will eat dinner and watch movies until Marina gets home".

Coralia nods her head in agreement, "Yep and I can manage to stay out of trouble for one night while you got on a date with your mate".

Avalon, and Waverly burst into a fit of giggles, which makes Coralia glare playfully at them. Avalon gives each of her sisters a hug before we walk out of the house. We walk down the short path that leads to the street.  My sleek black Austin Martin is parked in front of her house.

Dragon's are powerful creatures that over many years accumulate a vast amount of wealth. Female humans and other creatures have flocked my brothers and I in hopes of gaining some of our wealth. Unfortunately for those females I only planned to shags my wealth with my mate. Now that I have found Avalon I plan to spoil her with whatever her heart desires.

I open the passenger seat door, and Avalon thanks me as she gets inside. My eyes gaze on her creamy legs, which were on display when she slid into the car. I close the door and then run to the drivers side. Once I am inside I buckle my seatbelt, and start the engine.

The drive is peaceful as we listen to soft jazz music. The night sky is laminated by street lights, and lights from businesses and apartment buildings. The streets are crowded with people since the weather is warm.

"Um so where are we going to have dinner? You did not mention that over the phone earlier," said Avalon.

While I changed for our date I thought of places to take Avalon for dinner. I will admit that it was more difficult than I originally anticipated. We do not know one another well and I do not know her preference when it comes to food. I decided on a small Italian restaurant that Aeric opened last year.

"I was planning to take us to a small Italian restaurant that has a lovely terrace," I answer as I make a turn onto sixth street.

"Oh I love Italian food! It was one of the first type of food I tried after moving here, and it became a quick favorite,"I said.

I smile at the new information and store it in my mind for the future. I make one last turn and then drive directly into the restaurants parking lot. I put the car in park and then open the doors for us. We both get out of the car, and I walk to stand beside Avalon. She looks up at me with big eyes as she grabs into my hand. Fire spreads through my body as the simple touch. I hold onto her small hand, and squeeze it gently.

"Italian food is one of my favorites as well. My family and I have Italian for dinner every Friday. It has been a tradition since we moved to the city," I said.

Father discovered Italian food from a business partner, and he quickly brought it back home. Aeric and I quickly fell in love with the savory tastes and large portions. While, Mother loved the sauces and tiramisu. We have kept this family tradition even after Father's passing, since it makes us feel as if father is still with us.

Avalon giggles, "That sounds great, and it is nice that you keep the tradition. My father and brothers would bring home crab every Friday. My sisters and I would help my mother cook, and then we would play games after dinner".