❤️Chapter Twenty-nine 🌊

My body feels slightly flushed as I wipe away sweat from my forehead. It is probably from the heat of the lights and driers. The salon has been pretty busy today. We had a big wave of college kids come in because school is starting again. Today was one of our busiest days of the year. The next time we will be as busy is during the holidays. Days like today are hectic, but I enjoy them.

Jayson laughs as he sweeps hair at his station. "Do you have any fun plans tonight boss lady?"

I think about it for a moment as I continue to clean my station. Thankfully, tonight I do not have to oversee any of my duties. Tonight it would be nice to enjoy a meal with my mate. I have not really gotten the chance to cook for him. My eyes scan the clock, and I should have enough time before he gets home.

"No but I plan to make dinner for  Vulcan," I say.

Mia hums as she helps me sweep up my station. "That sounds like a nice night. Do you know what you want to make?"

"I was thinking something simple and quick to make, like Parmesan chicken with a vegetable pasta," I answer.

"Ooh that sounds really yummy! I know where I am getting dinner from," says Jayson.

Mia rolls her eyes, "You are such a foodie, but you almost never cook for yourself".

Jayson shrugs,"Who has time to cook when we work. Do you want to join me for dinner?"

Mia grins,"I am never one to turn down food from the yummy places you find".

Jayson throws his hands up,"Yass!  Let's finish cleaning so we can relax our sexy butts!"

Mia giggles,"Yass boy! To the yummy food!"

I laugh at their antics as we continue to clean. Once the floor is swept we put away the products. Mia makes sure the appliances are turned off. I look over the appointment book for tomorrow. I make sure the cash is locked up in the safe while Mia and Jayson finish up. When I am done I make sure to give Jayson and Mia their tips. They stay with me while I lock up, and we walk to our cars together. It feels nice to walk in a group when it is dark outside. You never know who could come up and attack you. Being a supernatural being does not mean someone will not attack you. In fact, some supernaturals have gotten attacked for that very reason. They were attacked by humans or other species. Not all of the bitterness has disappeared after the war. The war happened way before I was born, but some people will not change their views.

I say goodbye to Jayson and Mia from inside my car. They wave goodbye as they drive away in Jayson's car. The drive home is not a long one, and before I know it the tall familiar trees surround me. The heat does not leave me and for some reason intensifies a little. I thought that it would have cooled down by now. Maybe I am just tiered after a long day of work. After a few minute drive I pull up to the large parking lot. I notice that Vulcan is not home yet, which is perfect. I want to surprise him and have dinner ready when he gets home.

The walk through the den is rather quiet since it is a week night. I am greeted by several members, and I say hello. The kitchen is usually busy, but it is empty now. I open the fridge, and glance on what I can make. Thankfully, I have all of the ingredients that I need. I get the ingredients out of the fridge and pantry. Afterwards, I cut up the vegetables, season and coat the chicken in breadcrumbs. After the chicken starts to fry I put the pasta in the boiling water. In a separate sauce pan I cook the chopped vegetables with garlic and sauce. When the pasta is ready I strain it, and then put it in a large bowl. Then, I pour the vegetable sauce over and sprinkle a generous amount of parmesan. I carefully put the parmesan chicken on a large plate.

"It smells delicious in the kitchen my treasure," said Vulcan.

I jump up as I finish setting the table. Oh my goodness! When did Vulcan get home? I did not hear or sense him. Vulcan chuckles, and wraps his arms around my waist. His lips place soft kisses against my mate mark. A low moan escape my lips, and my body begins to heat up even more. No! I made us dinner and we are going to enjoy it! Before Vulcan can continue I turn around, and playfully slap his chest.