❤️Chapter Thirty-seven 🐉

My beast and I continue to stare at our mate. Avalon looks so healthful in her two piece blue dress. My beast puffs smoke in pride when clan members stare at us. My beast is pleased that others are aware that our mate is stunning. That the female sluts clearly sense our matching, and offspring. A part of me wishes her small belly was already visible. She would look stunning in this outfit and showing off our hatchlings.

It does not take us long to reach the ceremony grounds. The grounds are stunning as they were the first time I was allowed here. Clan members are allowed on these particular grounds when they come of age. This is no exception to these rules, even if you are of high status. The reason being is that more intimate rituals are taken place here. Hatchlings and teens should not witness that.

The clans teens already have high hormones, but are encouraged to wait for there mate. If they really cannot wait then one night stands are somewhat acceptable. The clan frowns upon relationships between non-mated couples. It makes sense since people are bond to get hurt when a mate shows up.

The grounds are at a higher part of the mountain. Near the edge four stone pillars stand tall. They are rough and ancient, with signs of aging. The weather is not kind up here, especially during the winter. Stone steps were carved into the mountain to lead to the alter. The alter is made of an onyx colored  granite. Candles on the ground and near the alter laminate our path.

Avalon's head is held high as we walk toward the alter. There are blankets spread across the ground. Mated couples of all ages sit on their own blanket. Some couples are snuggled together under a second blanket. I notice that my brothers closer to the alter with their mates. Roark is holding Neri while Dion is sitting alone. It seems that he decided to not take a partner for tonight. I do hope that my friend finds his mate soon.

Candle flames dance as the wind blows. The alter is surrounded by small candles. They will provide some lighting in the darkness. When we reach the alter I notice a black fur pelt is bread across the alter. The elders may not participate in such events, but they help set up. I will have to thank them for the pelt. It will keep Avalon warm against the cool granite.

Avalon smiles as I gently help her onto the granite. She holds onto the pelt to steady herself. A soft "thank you" appears in my mind. My little mate is so sweet, but I would do anything for her. For our hatchlings as well, and we only recently found out about them. My beast is thrilled that we will be having hatchlings. It feels proud that we were able to impregnate our mate during her heat.

Once she is steady Avalon leans back and slightly spreads her legs. This allows me to move forward and press my lower half against her. Avalon wraps her legs around my waist. She leans back and her full breasts bounce. Her legs press me closer and she slowly rocks her hips. The sudden movement pushes her breasts up. I raise an eyebrow at the sudden action, which she returns with a playful smile. Excitement and warmth course through my body. I can feel my dick begin to harden in my pants.

"I was told these rituals get rather heated and I thought I could help you start," Avalon's voice says in my mind.

I smirk at her words at how my shy mate can turn into a bold tease. When mother and I first explained the festival to Avalon I was somewhat worried. Not about the festival itself, but the more adult ritual. Avalon was not bothered at all and told us about mermaid festivals. It was amusing when she mentioned more  hatchlings were conceived during the summer and winter festivals. The mer-people  already have a high fertility rate, especially compared to other supernatural species. They put wolf and rabbit shifters to shame!

"All I have to do is look at you and a flame ignites my body," I growl lowly at her, almost like a purr.

Avalon whimpers softly before she leans forward to capture my lips. Our kiss is slow as we take our time. I lick her bottom lip, which makes her open her mouth. My tongue slips inside allowing me to taste her. The sweet taste of chocolate lingers in her mouth. Avalon moans into the kiss as I deepen it, and slowly rock my hips against her. Her nails cling into the fabric of my shirt. Her own hips rock against mine creating a delightful friction. A slight dampness can be felt from between her legs. My beast stirs with a desire to claim and please it's mate. If Avalon was not pregnant with our hatchlings I would breed her in front of the Clan. However, she is and It is early during the pregnancy. Our hatchlings are strong, much stronger than a human fetus, but I do not want to harm them. We conceived extremely early by dragon standards.