Chapter Eight 🐉

I lay up in bed as my arms stretch above my head. My tense muscles pop, and I let out a sigh in relief.  After my date with Avalon I left her home, and then I flew back home. Last night was a great evening, and I cannot wait to see Avalon again. I had a great nights sleep, and I look over at my alarm clock to check the time.

I notice that it is quite late in the morning, and I would have been at work by now. I suppose that I can enjoy my morning before going to work.My arms move back down, and then I pull the covers off my naked body. I am not sure why but I have never been able to sleep with clothing since I was a child. My father believed that it could be due to the difference in body temperature a hatching has from an adult dragon.

My feet touch the cool wooden floor, and then I start to walk towards my closet. When I reach my closet I open my boxer drawer. I grab a pair of red boxers, and then pull them on. Afterwards, I open the drawer on the bottom, which has my pajamas. I may not wear pajamas, but I do wear them around the den. I pull the white shirt over my chest, and then put on the plaid red and black pajama pants.

Once I am dressed I walk back into my bedroom. I make my way across my bedroom to the door, and into the hallway. The walls are colored beige with rustic stones at the bottom. The floors are covered with the same stone, and they feel cool against my bare feet. On top of the walls are cans with lights.

The walk through the den is uneventful considering the time of day. Hatchlings are off at school or with their mothers. Others are at work, and warriors are training in the gym. I do not sense Aeric or Qullian in the den, and I assume that they are at work. My feet lead me to the kitchen because I can sense mother and Amber there. I make a left turn at the end of the hall and walk directly into the large kitchen.

Large bay windows bring natural sunlight into the kitchen. Stainless steal appliances seem to sparkle. Chestnut cabinets line the walls and underneath the blue granite counter tops. White and beige tiles cover the floors. The walls are painted white to add color to the masculine kitchen.

A large round chestnut wood table sits to the right side of the kitchen. My lovely mother and sister are siting. My mother's red hair is pulled up into a messy bun. Her green eyes are locked on my sister as they talk. Mother does not resemble her age, and appears to be in her mid thirties. A pale yellow sweater compliments her pale skin. Ember is a spitting image of mother, but she inherited father's golden eyes. I smile when I see her giggle softly, and I am glad to see her in a good mood. The last time we saw each other she was feeling rather down because mother would not let her go out to fly.

"Good morning mother, and Ember. You both look lovely this morning," I said.

Mother smiles as she turns her head, "Good morning Vul. You slept in rather late this morning, but I suppose that could be because you arrived home late".

I chuckle as I sit in between mother and Ember. Ember smiles at me and walks over to the coffee machine. "Good morning Vul, it is nice to see you in the morning for once, and it is super rare for you to stay out late," said Ember.

I chuckle as their interigation begins, and I have only been in the kitchen for a few minutes. "I was out late in the evening, which is why I returned early in the morning. How was your night?"

Ember hums as I hear her pour a coffee into a mug. "It was good sine I spent it watching movies with Kiki," said Ember.

She walks up to me holding a coffee mug with steam rising. Ember sets the cup of black coffee down in front of me, and then sits back in her chair. Mother smiles as she holds her mug in her hands. "Oh I spent time with the ladies last night, and then watched my show. What did you do last night sweetie?" Mom smiles at me and then takes a sip of her coffee.