Chapter Fourteen 🌊

"Yes I was with my husband at the time, before we were married, and we went out to fly. We went outside of the territory," said mama.

Ember, Aeric and Qullian turn their attention toward their mother. Vulcan takes looks at his mother as he holds onto my hand. "What happened to make you fall into the Ocean mother? Father would not have let harm come to you unless something beyond his control occurred," said Vulcan.

Mama smiles at Vulcan, "Yes that is very true given your fathers protective nature. An enemy from a neighboring clan ambushed us. They were smart to use cloaking magic, and somehow even your father could not detect it. I got caught in the crossfire, and injured my wing, which is why I fell".

"I found Cassandra while I was enjoying an afternoon swim. I temporarily gave her the ability to breathe underwater and brought her back to my home. My mother helped me nurse her back to health until she could fly again," said momma.

"Well until I could fly well enough for a short amount of time. Cardellia helped me get to the shore, and when we were close enough I was able to contact your father. He flew to the shore right away because he was trying to find me. He helped me fly back home because it would have been too difficult in my condition then," said mama.

Momma has never mentioned meeting a dragon before, but from the expression on Vulcan's face his mother mentioned meeting a mermaid. I am sure that he never thought the mermaid would be my momma, because there are many mermaids in the ocean. The odds of that mermaid being a relative, let alone my mother are a low percentage. Well I am happy that momma and mama have met before. Momma seems to still be rather fond of mama, and I am sure this will give her a peace of mind once I move here.

"I am happy to see that you are well now, and that we could see each other after so many years. Vulcan told us about Torin's death, and I am sorry for your loss. I could tell he was a good man from when I met him," said momma.

Mama has a small smile on her face that appears rather forced. "Thank you and yes he was a good husband and father. Oh you all must be hungry! Dinner is ready so please sit wherever you like at the table," said mama.

Vulcan moves toward the table while holding my hand, and I follow him. My family follows as well while Aeric and Qullian go to get drinks. Mama and Ember bring trays and plates of food to the table. We sit around the table and of course I am sitting next to Vulcan. Momma and papa and sitting next to each other, and mama is sitting next to momma. Waverly, Coralia, and Neri are next to Ember. Aeric is sitting next to Ember, and Qullian is sitting right next to him.

A variety of food is spread across the table, and everything looks amazing. There is a large salad bowl, a bowl of grilled veggies, and a bowl of mashed potatoes. There is a serving dish with chicken with lemon sauce, and another dish of lamb racks in a garlic wine sauce. We begin to serve ourselves while making small conversation. Momma seems relaxed as she is talking with mama, which makes me happy. She is typically wary of new surroundings, which makes it difficult for her to relax and enjoy herself.

The den seems rather big and I am sure that we have not seen half of it. The large kitchen and dinning rooms seem like they are a common area. In any case, I feel comfortable in a new place, and I am sure that is because Vulcan is next to me. Since we arrived I have not seen any of his clan members, and I wonder if he told them to stay away. I do not think that I would freak out because I am currently surrounded by five dragons. I will be fine as long as no one suddenly transforms in front of me.

"Your home is rather big Cassandra. Are there any more floors than this one?" asks momma.

Mama hums as she takes a sip of her wine, and then puts her glass done. "Yes I do suppose it is rather big, but I am have always lived here," she said.