Chapter Sixteen 🌊

Vulcan rushes through the den, and we follow behind him. I do not take time to pay attention to the scenery this time around. A sense of worry is radiating off Vulcan as I stare at his back. It is just that he is worrying for his good friends mom. However, the situation seems pretty bad from the way he is acting.

"I am sorry about this, but I must make sure that Siaya is well. Her husband is out of town and Dion is at work," said Vulcan.

"Is anyone staying with her now? It cannot be good for her to be alone," I said.

If she suddenly felt ill then it would be bad if she is unattended. From Vulcan's reaction when he stepped into the den it seemed that he could feel her pain. Now that I think about it Vulcan's body tensed when we were downstairs. He mentioned that he has a deep connection to the clan, but I never asked how deep that connection is.

"Luxe, Dion's little brother is with her. Apparently she felt ill this morning, and he decided to stay home with her," he said.

"Well she has a lovely son who is looking after her for now," said momma.

We turn a corner after reaching the end of a hallway. Another large hallway appears, and he rushes down it. My legs move quickly to try and match his pace. Papa is standing besides him now, thanks to his long legs, while momma and I fallow behind.

"Does your clan have a healer? If not we could get in contact with our family healer. I do not know how affective she will be on dragon's though," said papa.

"I appreciate the offer, and I have already contacted the healer. Unfortunately, she may be suffering to a withdrawal from her mate. If that is the case my magic would be more useful than the healer," explains Vulcan.

Papa nods his head, "We will have to wait to see what the situation is then. Please let us know if we can be of any use".

"Thank you and we will have to see once I have looked over Siaya," said Vulcan.

We reach the end of the hallway and Vulcan stops in front of a red door. He flings the door open and walks inside. We follow behind him, and we walk into an elegant living room. Red drapes and accidents provide a pop of color to the bridge and cream furniture and hardwood.

A young man, in his teens, rushes up to Vulcan. He resembles Dion with mocha skin and blue eyes. However, his jet black hair is in a long braid. I assume this is Dion's brother Luxe.

"Master Vulcan I am so glad you are here!"

"I came as fast as I could Luxe. Where is your mother?" asks Vulcan as he walks into the house.

"I laid mother on the couch and covered her in blankets since she was shivering," said Luxe.

Vulcan nods as we walk into the large living room. I notice that a petite woman of Asian decent is laying on the brown leather couch. Her silky black hair is pulled up in a messy bun. Red fuzzy blankets cover her body. Her eyes flutter open revealing a warm brown color.

"I thought that was you I heard Vulcan," said the woman in a horse voice.

Vulcan smiles at her as he kneels down beside her. "I am sure you did since I was not trying to be quiet. How are you feeling Siaya?"

She gives Vulcan a weak smile, "I feel better now but I still feel weak. I should feel better once Zion returns home, which should be tomorrow morning".