❤️Chapter Twenty-six 🌊

Neri giggles as she rests her head against my chest. We are enjoying time in the private pool Vulcan made for me. The pool is rather big, and there is a small waterfall near the staircase. There are large windows, and a patio that show off the beautiful mountains. Cream wicker chairs, and lounge chairs are near the pool. There is also a small towel rack near the stairs. Willow sits on a wicker chair as she watches Neri and I swim. My tail flips to keep my balanced, while Neei's pale blue scales tale appears above water. Her tail hits against the water, and makes a slight splash. Her lighter blue scales are a beautiful contrast to her light mocha colored skin. The water is warm against my skin, which is thanks to the heated water. I do not really care about the water temperature in the summer, but it is pleasant in the winter months.

We decided to relax by the pool while Vulcan, Aeric and Qullian are in a conference call. Neri tagged along since Roark is training the warriors. I have not seen Dion this morning, which is odd because he is always at breakfast. He could be with his mother, Lady Saya. His father is late retiring from his duties and she is starting to worry. Willow came with us because the healers cleared her health, but told her to relax.

Willow smiles as she watches Nerri and I swim. She got excited when she heard that the den has a pool, but she cannot swim for now. The healers want her to take it easy for a few days. We promised to go swimming with her after the healers clear her health. She seems better than last night after a bath, a good nights sleep, and some pain medication. They nearly broke one of her bones, which is why I could not heal her completely. I will have to speak to mother about how my role as the clan's female leader can increase my healing ability. Generally, female leaders in any species are considered warm and nurturing. Perhaps that is a factor, but I do not know until I talk to her.

"Wow both of your scales are really pretty," says Willow.

Neri blushes at the compliment, and hides her face into my chest,"Thank you Willow. Is this your first time seeing mermaids?"

Willow shakes her head no as she looks at us with big eyes. "No I had a good friend in high school that was a mermaid. Her scales were a pretty emerald green," she says.

A mermaids scale color could be based off genes and even which sea or ocean they live in. There are some people in my hometown with green scales, yet it is not an emerald green. In my case, my scales are almost identical to my grandmother, momma's mother. She passed away when momma was young, and I know about her from stories. She sounds like a wonderful women, and I wish that I could have met her.

"That sounds like a lovely color to have for scales," I tell her.

Willow nods as she watches Neri, who has moved her head up. "She moved away with her mate after high school. We still video chat when we have the time," said Willow.

Neri smiles, "Makes will do that but it is nice that you keep in touch".

Nerri has a frown on her face as she remains quiet. She is probably thinking about her old life before coming her. Her former Mistresses pack did not treat her well after her passing. That has to do with the stress her brother-in-law dealt with after their deaths. Nerri insures me he is not a gas person, and that they were friends before their passing.

"Is there a reason you seem rather shy today?" I question Neri.

She sighs while moving my head to gaze into my eyes. "I went to visit my former lady's cub. He is getting so big Avalon!" She says happily with a bright smile.

Ah now this makes sense as to why she is acting this way. Roark took Neri out yesterday and they got home rather late. If she went to see the cub then she must have ran into the new leader. He is her former lady's brother-in-law, and did not take his brother and his mates death well. He took out his stress and sadness on Neri, which is terrible. Taking your frustration out on other people will not help you or change the situation.