Chapter Thirty-two🐉

Avalon sighs softly as I run my fingers through her thick wavy hair, which is a little tangled due to sleep. We fell asleep about three hours ago, and I have been awake for about twenty minutes. I ordered pizza, wings and garlic bread for dinner. Afterwards, I made sure to mind-link our family and friends. They all said that they would be there for dinner. I decide to let her sleep until it is time for dinner, because she needs her rest. Elder Hera made sure I knew the basics of taking care of my mate. She said that Avalon may feel tired, and would need more rest as her pregnancy progresses. I would not deny my mate the rest she needs, especially now that she is carrying our hatchlings.

"Yo Vulcan are you and Avalon coming for dinner?" Qullian asks through our family mind-link.

"Give then some time to settle in Qullian. They just returned from the cave this morning," says mother.

"I know mother but I am hungry! Please can I save a slice of pizza!" Whines Qullian like a small child. If he is near mother she will most likely smack him. I chuckle when I hear Quillian groan softly in my mind.

"Serves you right Qull! Vul bought dinner for everyone, which means we have to wait," says Ember.

I look down at my Avalon who begins to stir. Her eyes flutter open, and they are clouded with sleep. My fingers run through her hair as I smile at her. Avalon games softly as she leans into my touch. Now that Avalon is awake it should take us a few minutes to get ready.

"Avalon and I will be down in a few minutes. Please try and not eat all the pizza Qullian," I say.

"Do not worry Vulcan, mother is watching him like a hawk," says Aeric.

I shut off the mind-link as my family continues with their conversation. It is quite easy to shut it off, and tap back into the mind-link when necessary. I have been able to communicate with my family this way since I was a hatchling. First, you develop your mind-link with your family, and then the clan. If I recall I was able to communicate with the clan at the age of five or six. That is the typical age dragons start to communicate with their clan. It allows young dragons to build a sense of community. I suppose that it may be similar with other supernatural communities. As clan leader I feel a deeper connection to the clan.

Soft warm kisses trail down my neck. My body feels on fire as Avalon wraps her arms around my neck. My arms wrap around her waist, and pull her close. She giggles softly as she looks up at me. I lean down and place a kiss on her forehead, her nose, and then her lips.

"Did you enjoy your nap my treasure?"

A small yawn escapes her lips, and then she nods. "Yes I had a very nice nap, and feel more awake".

I smile at her as I brush my fingers into her hair. "I am glad to hear that. Let us get ready for dinner and go downstairs," I say.

Avalon looks over at the clock, and jumps off my lap. I chuckle at her reaction, and tell her to slow down. We get out of bed, and decide to leave it as is. After dinner we are just going back to bed. Avalon and I grab our clothes from earlier today. We quickly get dressed and I brush Avalon's hair. I do my best to braid my mates beautiful blue hair. It is more difficult then I expected. The braid holds, but appears rather messy. Avalon moves the braid to the side, which makes several strands fall on her face.

"You did a a really good job for your first time styling hair," says Avalon.

I chuckle as I help her up from her vanity chair. "Thank you but I am not sure about that. It seems rather messy," I say.

"Messy hairstyles are actually popular for more casual looks or events," she says.

I hold open the door and we walk out into the hallway. I make sure to lock the door with my magic. "What type of hairstyles do your clients request?"