Chapter Thirty-three🌊

I hold onto Vulcan's hand as we walk through the busy downtown streets. The sound of cars, and people filled the streets. It feels wonderful to be in the city again! I love the den, but I spent the majority of the surface life on the city . There is just something so enjoyable about he hustle and bustle of the big city. Some things are similar no matter where you go in the world. There are even some similarities to the city I grew up in under the sea. Well, except for the cars, busses and trains. We do have other modes of transportation if swimming is too far, you are unwell or are traveling in large group.

Our little group started off with Aeric, Willow, Roark, and Neri. After they found out about breakfast, Dion, Qullian and Ember decided to join us. We parked the large van in the parking lot of Vulcan's building. His company is in the center of the city, and close to where we want to go. We decided to enjoy a light breakfast at Noir's cafe. Everyone is excited about the cafe, because of the praises Vulcan and I gave them. Mother could not go with us because she had plans with friends.

"I am really looking forward to a cup of coffee," says Qullian.

Aeric chuckles,"You really are a coffee addict even on your time off".

Qullian shrugs his shoulders as he walk. "We all have a morning ritual. I drink coffee, Vul works out, Ember makes her smoothies, and you go for a morning fly".

Aeric pauses before nodding,"Yes I suppose you are right".

"Why did you make my smoothies sound gross! They are very good," says Ember.

Qullian chuckles as he ruffles Ember's hair. She pouts at him, and swats his hand away.

"Qullian is just not fond of smoothies Em," says a Vulcan,

"Yep I never have been, but I do eat my fruits," Qullian says in his defense.

I laugh because their banter reminds me of my siblings and I. Now that my heat is over I can see Waverly. She has been keeping me updated while texts and phone calls. I will have to call her tonight and talk. Also, I have to invite her to the festival. Outsiders are not welcome to festivals, but Vulcan is kind enough to make an exception. This is because Waverly is family, and is considered an honorary clan member. My invitation is a little last minute, but Waverly did not answer my texts or phone calls last night. She texted me this morning and told me to call her tonight. Waverly has been busy with setting in, and college classes started. I hope that she can come because I miss her. Also, it would be nice to tell one of my family members about the twins in person.

The Clan has deep morals in regards to family. The only exception would be if your mates family was an enemy. Vulcan explains that the Clan would try to make peace with them for the mates. He said there is a high success rate for alliances, but there have been exceptions.

"I know you are not a big fan of coffee Ember. The cafe has a nice selection of tea and other drinks," I say.

"I believe they have fresh juice as well," says Vulcan.

Ember smiles,"Thank you Avalon and I will look at the menu when we get there".

"Breakfast sounds nice if we are going to be shopping afterwards," says Neri.

"Yes it does! It is nice to know that the list is not too long though considering the festival starts tomorrow," says Willow.

"Yes that is true, and I am thankful for the clans help. A lot of them helped with the shopping and setting up the stage," I say.

Vulcan smiles as he squeezes my hand. I love holding my mates hand. There is just something comforting when we hold hands.

"The Clan looks forward to the festivals. You had quite a large turn out for helpers. It seems that they enjoy the new system ," says Vulcan.