Chapter Twenty-five 🐉

Pink and orange rays of light shine into my office. The day has passed, and the sun is setting. Footsteps and hushed voices pass my office. it seems that everyone is retiring for the day, and I plan to stay an hour or two more. Avalon sent me a text, and let me know that her last client arrived. She is holding to finish in about two hours, and I will pick her up. She does not own a car, and the den is rather far. I am planning to surprise her, and take her shopping for a car. While I love driving her around it will not always be practical with our schedules.

Papers are scattered around my desk, yet I pay them no mind. The clacking sound of a keyboard echos in my empty office. A few minutes ago I received an email from a good friend. Ambrose is a Master vampire that leads a rather large coven. We became good friends about two hundred years ago. Ambrose sends powerful members of his coven to act as security when my kind meets. An occasional fight breaks out, and he sends coven members that are hybrids. They put up a fight for the hatchlings, since they always get into fights. His message is rather simple, and simply states to call him. Why did he not just call me himself!

I close my email and take my phone out of my pocket. It takes me a moment to locate Ambrose's number before I press call. The phone rings three times before he answers.

"Vulcan, I am glad that you called my friend," says Ambrose.

His tone is low yet deep. It seems that he does not want to be heard.

"Good evening Ambrose, I wanted to call you before it got too late," I said as I lean back in my chair. I may as well take this time to relax.

He chuckles as I hear small sounds in the background. "Thank you and I apologize for the odd message. My coven is having issues with a group of Fallen Fae," he says.

I raise an eyebrow in surprise because I did not expect that. Ambrose does not have any business with Fallen's, and has a treaty with a nearby group . Why on Earth would they suddenly attack him?

"I thought your coven was on decent terms with the nearby Fallen's," I state in an attempt to clarify the situation.

Ambrose sighs softly,"We are and I am attempting to aid the family. They are having issues with rogue demons".

"I see and what are these rogues doing exactly?" I ask.

"They are making a mess of both our borders. They have not passed mine, but recently got onto their land. It seems they are trying to obtain their flowers," he says.

Flowers is the term Fallen's use to refer to their omegas. Fallen's names their omegas this because of the brightness omegas bring to them. They are the only supernatural species that does not use their term. Well aside from the mer, and minimer are considered a subspecies. Avalon explained that is because there are some differences their species. Omegas in all species are treated with care and respect by their community. This is due to the fact that they possess powerful magic, and have a high fertility rate. Also, anyone who comes in contact with them can or help but love their sweet personalities. The several omegas in my clan are adored by everyone. The hatchlings adore them the most because the omegas play with them. Everyone wishes to protect their omegas, especially their families and mates. Their mates are typically powerful supernaturals that can protect them.

"Why would the rogues want the flowers?" I question.

Ambrose sighs on the other end of the phone. "We are attempting to get more information," he says.

"I will keep my eyes and ears open for anything I hear," I tell him.

"Thank you for agreeing to help Vulcan," he says.