Cupcake // Jason Todd

Summary: You decide to surprise your boyfriend for Christmas.

A/N: I was reading Batman and Robin and they did a family portrait and Jason wasn't invited. I  cried then I decide d to write this for my love. Love you, Jason.

***

It was 23 of December and you had to catch a flight to your parents so you can spend Christmas with them. You couldn't stop thinking about Jason, your boyfriend who was going to be all alone for Christmas. He said he didn't celebrate this kind of stuff and for him is just a normal day, but for you it was important, and in your opinion, no one should spent Christmas alone.

With heavy heart you left your apartment with Jason in your mind. When you arrived at the airport there was a man in front of you who was trying to buy a ticket right where you were about to go. What a coincidence, right? You bought the ticket two weeks ago and it was pure luck because it was the last.

''I have to go to my family! Please! It doesn't matter where the seat is, I'll pay as much as you wish.'' The man begged and you started to feel sorry for him. No one should spent Christmas away from their loved ones.

''Maybe this is a sign.'' You thought. Your family will have each other, they won't miss you so much, but Jason was all alone, and yes, you weren't together for that long, but you knew he was going to miss you as much as you will miss him.

''I'm sorry.'' You interrupted the man. ''Maybe I can help. I have a ticket for that flight, I can give it to him, right?'' You asked the lady in front of you, and the man looked at you confused. Why were you helping him?

She nodded, so you gave your ticket to the man, and the happiness on his face made you feel good and gave you that nice Christmas vibe you loved.

''It's a gift.'' You said when the man wanted to pay the ticket.

On your way home you stopped at the supermarket to buy ingredients to prepare food, a cake and some other things. You only slept 4 hours because you woke up really early to start baking and cooking.

It was afternoon when you finished. You cleaned the house, changed your dirty clothes and packed everything in your car. One thing was missing. Your present for Jason. You totally forgot about that. 

A crazy idea came through your mind and you just went for it. After all, it was Christmas, right? You were volunteering at an animal shelter and there was a dog who was always in your mind since he came. He was a pitbull who saved from dog fights. A broken soul who still found place in his for love, just like Jason.

You went there and signed all the papers needed to be signed and you took the dog who was a total sweetheart. He was licking your face, he just couldn't get enough of you.

It was almost 6 pm when you arrived at Jason's apartment. You already had a key because when Jason was sick you spent a week taking care of him, cooking for him, you practically lived with him that week, so you made a copy. 

''Are you home? I have someone who will come later by your place to give you my present.'' You texted him, just to see if he is home.

''What the fuck, [Y/N]?! I told you not to buy me anything.''

''Just tell me when you will be home. I'll be upset for like 40 years if you don't accept it.''

''You are impossible. I'll be home around 8.''

''Perfect.''

That was just perfect. It took you almost 15 minutes to take everything upstairs. You cleaned the place, set the table and made sure you have enough room for all those cookies and the cake and everything. The dog was following you everywhere just to see what are you doing. Dogs.

The time passed so quickly and when you checked your phone and saw 20:06 you hide the dog in the bathroom, but not before you put a nice red bow on his head.

You heard the door opening and you just screamed ''Surprise!'' and Jason dropped his phone.

''What the hell?'' He smiled seeing you. He definitely wasn't expecting that.

''You really thought I was going to let you alone for Christmas?'' You hugged him and he gave you a small kiss.

''God! [Y/N], you are insane! You should've been with your family.'' He said guilty.''You are as important to me as my family. I love you, I couldn't just leave you alone.'' You said. ''I made your favorite cake by the way.''

''No, you didn't!'' He screamed like a little child. ''You're the best, really!'' And he kissed your right cheek.

''I'll give you my present now, okay? I just can't wait util tomorrow.'' You laughed. ''Just close your eyes, okay? Don't peak!''

''Okay!'' He laughed, covering his eyes with his hands.

You went into the bathroom and got the dog out. Jason was sitting on the couch with his hands on his face. 

''Okay, are you ready?'' You asked excited.

''I was born ready.''

''You can watch now. This is Cupcake.'' 

''Oh my God! That's a dog!'' He screamed shocked.

''Your dog. Cupcake, this is Jason.'' The huge dog sniffed him and  just jumped on him starting to lick him all over his face. ''He likes you. You better like him too.''

''I love you, babe!'' Jason said looking at you. 

''I love you too.'' 

''Now I'll give you my present but first I have to take this huge dog off me.'' 

''That's impossible. He's yours now. You have been chosen by the Great Cupcake, you will do as he commands you.'' You said with a serious face and he laughed. The most adorable laugh you ever heard in your entire life.

He never told you but it was the best Christmas he ever had in his entire life, and he is so grateful to have you.