Lost At Sea // Damian Wayne

Summary: You and Damian fall in love but it's not meant to be.

*****

Once upon a time there was a young man who had everything. His father was one of the richest men in Gotham and his grandfather was one of the Founding Fathers of the city.

All his life he received everything he wanted and because of that and the fact that he was one of the smartest persons in town, he had the impression that he was above everyone. In his opinion, everyone else was just some peasants who didn't deserved a second of his attention.

One day his father decided that his son's attitude needs to be changed. He needed to see that life isn't easy when you aren't born in a rich family. He needed to realize that the humans he considered peasants deserved respect as much as everyone else, for the fact that they worked daily only to take care of their families.

Bruce Wayne was a kind man and even though he was raised in a rich family he was never as his son. Maybe because his parents died when he was so young, maybe not. He had a lot of friends who were from the lower class of the town so one day he decided it's time to pay a visit to one of his old friends who was a fisherman.

The man owned a nice boat who helped him feed his family. Everyday the man traveled on the sea to catch fish to sell it at the market and to some rich people who always wanted the best fish in town. Bruce talked to the man about his son's attitude that needed to be changed immediately. The fisherman gladly accepted his old friend's proposal to teach Damian how is like to work for a bed, a roof above your head and food on the table.

Damian was disgusted, but he wanted so bad to prove his father that he can do all those things that he just agreed immediately. What the young man didn't knew was that the fisherman had a daughter. Such a beautiful, kind, astonishing human being. A smart girl who was raised only by her father. The fisherman was so proud and felt so blessed every time he looked at his little girl who was now a woman.

At first they didn't liked each other at all, oh they absolutely hated each other. He saw her only as a poor girl who didn't deserved his attention and she thought he is an arrogant rich boy who doesn't have a heart.

Slowly they started to fall in love with each other. None of them wanted to admit that. Damian's training with her father was done, but deep inside he was begging the sky to see her face again. Everyday he kept coming at the docks, with stupid excuses only to see her beautiful smile once again.

It was a sunny day and the sea was so peaceful when the girl decided it's time to end this. It was weird, Damian coming over everyday with the most stupid excuses. He was now so kind to her, he even bought her a flower once.

''I didn't bought it myself. My father considered it would be nice to give you this, don't flatter yourself.'' She knew he was lying. It scared her but she just pressed her lips against his without a warning. ''Let's stop playing pretend.'' She whispered and he nodded. ''I agree.''

She was his moon and he was her sun. They completed each other like Yin and Yang. One night they were looking at the stars and she just started to tell him the stories of the stars.

''When I was little I was so scared of the night, it was like the darkness was my biggest enemy. My father used to tell me to always look at the stars, because every star is someone's soul. It made me see the night different and I was so excited for the day to end, only so I can see the stars again, to make stories about every each one of them.''

She showed him all her stars and the stories she made up for every single one of them. The lady who lost her child. The woman who lost her husband. The man who was in love with the sea. He looked at her and he couldn't keep himself from smiling. She was so beautiful and she was his beloved. Only his. Now and forever.

''You see those two stars that shine so bright on the right side?'' She asked him pointing at the sky at two stars that were so close it looked like a one big star. You had to pay attention and look really close to see they are two.

''Yes.''

''I kept those two for someone special. For my other half. One for me and one for you, Damian.'' He looked a little shocked at her affirmation. His beloved was indeed full of surprises. ''Every time we are apart and you miss me, just look at the sky and you will find me there, right by your side.''

Damian took her hand and kissed the back of it. ''I love you so much.'' He said right before he pressed his lips against hers gently.

One rainy day she went with her father with their boat by the sea as she usually did. The boy was so excited to see her again. It was like he hasn't seen her in years when it's only been a few hours. His hand were sweaty and he was nervous. Damian took another look at the ring inside the tiny black box. He wanted so bad to propose her, to marry her, to have children with her and to spend his whole life with her.

He stayed at the docks, waiting for her, but she never came back. She died that day with her father, lost at sea. The boy was so angry, he blamed the sea for taking the love of his life away from him. If he only could he would have murdered the sea for that. He took a trip at the sea and he threw the ring in the sea because it belong to her. His better half. His beloved girlfriend. His moon.

Every day Damian was going at the docks looking at the sea, waiting for a ship that would never come. Deep inside Damian knew that she is still there, in the sky by his side and in his heart. Forever and no one could change that.

''One day I will see your face again, beloved. It's just a matter of time.'' He whispered to the sky every night.