Time To Say Goodbye // BatFamily

Summary: Batfamily saying goodbye to their oldest family member.

A/N. 1: I didn't mentioned but the action takes place when the boys are older. Damian is around 19 years old, Tim is 24 etc.

A/N. 2: I am truly sorry I was gone for so long, but my laptop isn't working and until now I simply refused to use my phone because I wasn't comfortable with it. Still, I had too many idea and I had to write. I will certainly come back soon with more.

P.S - I am sorry if this makes you cry.

***

Everyone was present that day, a thing that wasn't happening so often in this family. But were are not talking about an ordinary family after all. Not a single member of the family was misssing, not even Jason who doesn't always likes to show up. But it wasn't a normal day and even though they weren't ready, they had to say goodbye to their old friend, father, grandfather, and so many more things the man meant to them. The one and only who took care of every member of the Wayne family from the oldest to the youngest. The one who saw each one of them become the great heroes they are today.

To be honest, no one expected that, even though he was the oldest one. Everyone felt like Alfred is going to live to see how all of them puts their lives in order, maybe settle down, have a family. Some children, maybe. He really wanted the boys to have children. The Family never realized that even though time has been more than kind to their beloved british butler, it was time for him to go. It was time for them to say goodbye and let him go.

To that day no one knew exactly how old Alfred his. They thought that maybe he was around 70, he didn't looked his age. Of course, they could've easily look him up, but they didn't wanted to invade his privacy. If Alfred wanted to hid his age from everyone it was his choice and they respected it.

Alfred Pennyworth died at the age of 96, after years of being part of a weird family he loved more than anything in this universe. He neved admitted but even though he actually had a real daughter whom he loved deeply, he never really loved her lile he loved Bruce, like he loved the boys, Cassandra, Barbara...and the rest.

He died peacefully in his sleep. At that point in his life, Bruce thought nothing can surprise him anymore, until Alfred passed away and surprised everyone. Not only the family, but also the people who knew him. Everyone was aware that he was old, but no one knew how old and it just felt like Alfred was immortal...

Tears were rolling on everyone's cheeks, even Bruce's. He didn't care at that point who sees what. He couldn't stop thinking about the man he saw as a father, the one and only person who was always there for him, loving and supporting him since he could remember.

Bruce was thinking about the past few weeks, about the years they've been together. He felt like he neglected his butler, his friend, his father, but he didn't know that he was going to be taken away from this world so soon. To be honest, Alfred was proud in his last moments knowing that he leaves this world in the best hands. He knew his boys and girls, and he knew they were the best at what they were doing.

The oldest of Bruce's sons, Dick, he couldn't stop replay in his head memories of Alfred. He was always there. For his birthdays, when he got his first job as a police officer, when he learned how to drive. Alfred was there, even though he was watching it from the distance. The butler was the only person he knew he will always be there for him. He didn't tell that to anyone, maybe he didn't even realized until at this point, but Alfred was the person he trusted the most. And now it was time for him to learn how to live without him.

Jason...Jason was shattered. When Bruce called him to let him know of the circumstances he dropped the phone and screamed. And cried. Loud. He hoped it's just a stupid joke but he knew Bruce would never lie about something so serious like this. Alfred was indeed gone. It was like he couldn't breath. He was trying to get the air in his lungs, but the pain he felt in his chest was just unbearable and didn't let him breath. He wanted so bad to blame someone, but there was no one to blame. When he died he blamed Bruce, the Joker...For God's sake he even recreated himself as Red Hood after that...But this time. This time was different. There was no one to blame but Time and Death.

Alfred Pennyworth wasn't killed by anyone but Time and Death themselves. Actually, he didn't even felt any pain, and when the coroner told them that they were..relieved. From all of them, they all agreed that Alfred deserved the most this type of Death. A kind one. The kindest that there is.

The one who was once the third Robin was still trying to process the whole thing. He just couldn't belive and he didn't wanted to. Tim couldn't find the words to speak about how much this man means to him and how much this affects him. He couldn't stop thinking about the fact that he didn't got the change to say goodbye. He was thinking about how, a night before he passed away, Alfred came to him and brought him some cookies and tea because Tim was having troubles with sleeping again. Alfred was always there and he always knew Tim needed help. He regrets so much that he didn't realized that that was the last moment he would share with the one and only butler. The best butler.

Damian Al Ghul Wayne. Everyone was shocked to see tears on his face. No one saw Damian crying before and no one thought this could ever happen. But, to be honest, Alfred had a huge impact on all of Bruce's children, but the hugest impact was on Damian. At this point, in Damian's mind were so many things. Like, why did he get the least amount of time to spend with Alfred? Why couldn't his mother tell Bruce about his existence earlier so he could spend more time with Alfred. Why was his mother so selfish? It was just so unfair.

Moments of him and Alfred throughout his life were playing in the back of his mind and it was painful. Painful that he isn't going to have more. That was it. Alfred was gone and all he had now were memories of him, pictures on the walls...but Damian was damn sure he was going to honor his memory and all of his children, grandchildren, and the rest of his future family members will know about this certain butler who changed his life.

Coming back to Bruce, who lost a father, he had all his friends by his side and his entire family. But even though at the funeral the Manor was filled with people, he couldn't feel more lonely. He was keep looking at the kitchen door hoping that Alfred might come out to ask him about his day, if he would like some tea or maybe something to eat...But Alfred didn't came. Not in the day of his funeral nor ever. He never came back. He was gone for real and no one could bring him back. Some could, like Ra's, Damian actually thought about his pit. But he knew Alfred would never accept something like this and he decided that he will do what's best for Alfred and that would be...letting him go.

There wasn't a dry eye at the funeral and even though everyone present was younger that Alfred they couldn't stop ask themselves "Why him?". Everyone who got the chance to met the butler only once knew that he was the most loving and caring man in the world. He was one of a kind, the kind of person you will never forget.

The entire Justice League, Teen Titans, Young Justice, even the foes Batman had and knew about Alfred and had the chance to met him came to the funeral. And everyone was welcomed. Even the sky cried that day. It was like even the nature was paying a tribute to the best man that ever existed.

The funeral was...how it was. But the days that came after it...it was absolute terror. All the boys decided to remain at the Manor for a while, not only for Alfred but they knew they needed each other. At this point, everyone was at it's weakest. Batman was gone from Gotham and no one saw anyone with the bat symbole on their chest. It was like they disappeared from this Earth.

But Gotham's citizens had nothing to worry about.

The Family needed a break and their friends were there for them. Wonder Woman, Superman, Superboy (both of them), Donna Troy, Wally West, Roy Harper, hell, everyone was in Gotham trying to save the city while the Bat Family was mourning. To their surprise, there was not a single villan on the streets of Gotham except for some small thugs who never heard of Alfred. Who had no ides about this exceptional man.

But the bad ones...the ones Batman and the Robins had always fought with...they decided it was time to end the feud. At least until Alfred's family decided that they are alright with coming back to fight for Gotham. Even the most evil enemy of Batman's said that...not Batman, but Alfred deserves this. The peace...at least for a while.

Not only Bruce, his family and friends mourned Alfred Pennyworth, the whole city of Gotham did.