Little White Lies // Jason Todd

Summary: You lost your memories because of an accident and you finally find out the truth about yourself.

A/N: Please, if you have requests, DM me. I won't consider the one left in the comment section because I sometimes don't read all the comments.

*** 

You locked the door to your small apartment like you usually do, to make sure that no one comes in. You knew that if someone wants to break in to steal something they can easily just break the door but it made you feel more safe this way. Besides, except from some paintings and drawings you didn't had any valuable things.

On your way to the exit you accidentally bumped into someone, immediately you recognize the figure as your angry neighbor that always ignores you. He didn't even apologized but you were used with his personality. That type of neighbor that didn't wanted to have anything with his fellow neighbors. You never talked to him but you profiled him like you're doing with everyone you meet. He always listens to sad music late at night when he's around, and he genuinely looks like he has depression and probably PTSD. Huge bags under his eyes and he probably didn't had a shower in days, you pity him even though you know you shouldn't.

Before you got out of the car you removed your agenda from your backpack to wrote down everything you did this morning until that moment, only to make sure you won't forget what you did today even though you didn't do much. Your doctor assured you that there are very small chances, even impossible, to have any type of memory loss but you wanted to be sure. You lost so many memories, there wasn't room for losing any anymore.

Since the accident you felt like you lost so much time, time you will probably never get back. It's all blur in your head no matter how hard you're trying to remember the past few years. You remember your childhood, your family, what high school was like, and some things from college, but from there your memory it's starting to fade. You don't remember many people. If someone would come to you to say hi you wouldn't be able to say if you were good friends or if they are just people you met a couple times.

I had breakfast. I listen to my favorite song. i had a shower. I took my pills for my headaches. I got dressed to go to my student's house. I bumped into my moody neighbor. I got into the car and I headed to the Wayne Manor. You wrote down the things you did before putting the agenda where it belongs. The huge house was right in front of you and even though you came here a couple of times before it felt weird to come back every time.

Alfred greeted you and smiled at the sighed of you. He let you know that Damian is waiting for you were you went the last time. You checked your memories to see if you forgot where to go. You didn't. The memories where still there. You had to be sure.

Damian was painting when you walked into the room, trying to release the pressure from the last night mission like he always does. It was impressive how good he is. Even though he is just a teenager, Damian wasn't like the an ordinary kid of his age. He was special, you thought. Sometimes you asked yourself why would he need you as his art teacher when it's clear as day that he doesn't need one.

"That's really beautiful, Damian. You're doing a great job!" He stopped blending the colors only to turn around to see you, to make sure that you were really there.

"Thank you!" He answered, trying yo hold himself back. From what? You didn't know.

"If everything okay?" Damian was growing in your heart and you thought that this might be the start of a great friendship. There was a slight big age gap between you two but he was more mature for his age than people think. Maybe even more mature than you.

"Yes. Of course! I just need a break." He replied, trying not to reveal his actual feelings.

"Well, you told me that you're gonna introduce me to your pets." He smiled. He never introduced anyone to his pets, because they belonged to him and he wasn't neither the type of person who does that. Besides art, another thing you two had in common was the love you carry for animals. Damian may seem like a really mean and sassy boy, but he had a soft spot for any type of animal that isn't human.