Break // Jason Todd

Summary: You and Jason take a break from each other and you end up in someone else's arms.

***

When you met Jason for the very first time you never thought for a second that you will fall so deeply in love and that your world will radically change. The first kiss, the first time you hold hands, the first hug. You remembered every detail of your love story with Jason, a story you'll never forget. You learned so many things while being in this relationship and you never in a million years believed that one day you will end up needed someone like you need air.

Jason was your everything.

And you were his.

But as someone once said, a relationship only ends in three ways, none of them being particularly beautiful. Break-up, divorce or death. But the end doesn't, how you live and enjoy the moments it does. You never thought about this until your relationship started to get cold and the arguments, the fights, the screams, began. You thought you had the most amazing and honest relationship with your handsome, smart, caring boyfriend...but you were wrong.

You didn't even realized how it happened. It just did. It happened so slowly that neither you or Jason realized that you were getting tired of each other. Both of you needed time to figure things out but you felt like it wasn't something you had to do together. It was the time for you and Jason to take a pause and think about what you feel and what you want to do.

Both of you came to the conclusion that it would be better to take a break. A day, a week, a month, none of you had any idea how much, but both of you knew you desperately needed to take a break from each other or you will end up breaking each other.

You missed him everyday. There was no time were Jason wasn't in your head and it was heartbreaking. You hoped he will call because you haven't heard from him in five weeks. You wanted to pick up your phone and call him so bad, just to hear his voice, just one time, but you couldn't. He already ignored tens of your calls and you promised to give each other space and that is what you're going to do. If he wants to talk to you, he knows where to find you.

It was suppose to be just a innocent night out with the girls to make you feel better, but you never thought it will end up like this. You woke up with some of your friends at your door holding bottles of alcohol in their hands with a huge smile on their faces.

"We came to cheer you up."

You had one glass of wine, some shots of vodka and you had no idea how you ended up in a club. The music was too loud and it was annoying, but you danced anyway, trying to clear your mind and stop thinking about him.

It was so weird how when you had him you wanted space and now that he gives you space you want him so bad. You couldn't understand.

You suddenly felt two strong hands on your hips and your heart jumped. You hoped it was Jason but you knew it wasn't him. You couldn't turn around, scared of the disappointment you will feel when you'll see another face, not his.

He turned you around and kissed you and you just closed your eyes thinking it was Jason. God, how much you missed him. All the memories you had together, all that good time...You missed that. He didn't kissed you the way Jason did, and he was in fact shorter that him. His lips weren't as full as your boyfriend's...or ex...but you imagined they were. The alcohol was helping a lot, you couldn't even think straight.

"How about we get out of here?" He asked you and you could clearly see, even though you were completely drunk, what he wanted.

But you did it anyway.

You told him your address and you let him take you home. You thought "I'll just tell him to go when I'll get home. I'll tell him I don't feel alright."

But you didn't.

When he started to kiss you without leaving you to take a breath you didn't said no. You actually opened the door and let him in. He took off your dress and didn't hesitate a moment to throw you in the bed.

The bed you and Jason once shared.

This was wrong, terrible wrong. But you convinced yourself that he was Jason, even though your heart knew it wasn't him. You just felt so lonely...All you wanted was him but it was shattering your heart in millions of pieces knowing that he doesn't want you. Not anymore.

The next morning your head felt like it was about to explode.

"Wake up!" You pushed the man out of your bed. "You need to go."

"God, what happened to you?" You could see that he was annoyed by your gestures, but you didn't cared at all.

"Just get the fuck out, okay?"

"Fine, fine."

He got up and started to put on his clothes. "Who's Jason, by the way?"

"None of your business, just go."

The world was spinning and you desperately needed something for your headache. Hardly, you managed to get up and put something on you. You had to hold on to the walls so you could get in the kitchen, you legs were like gelatin.

"I see you had quite a night."

This can't be real. "I must be dreaming." No, you weren't. Jason was standing there, in the kitchen, with a glass of juice in his hand. His hair was changed...He looked like he got out of prison. He didn't had the beautiful black hair he used to have, it was like he was a totally different person. You could see that he was sad and disappointed, it was like the sky felt on you.

"Jason...What...When?" You had so many questions. You wanted to talk to him for weeks and now that he is finally here you didn't know what to say.

"Does it matter? It's not like you care. From what I see you moved on." His words were like a knife to your heart. It wasn't like that.

"I tried to reach you so many times. Why didn't you pick up my calls?" You needed explanations. You wanted to know what happened to him, why was he like that.

"I needed a break. You needed a break. But I see that we didn't have the same concepts when it comes to breaks...I just wanted to put my thoughts together and find myself. I didn't thought you will find someone else."

"Jason, I didn't. I swear this wasn't suppose to happen. I just...I missed you so much." It was hard not to let the tears run down your face, impossible actually.

"You missed me so you fucked another guy? In our own fucking bed? Good job, [Y/N]."

"It was just this time...I swear! I missed you and I couldn't find you. All I wanted was to hear your voice. All I wanted was to know if you are alright, if you are hurt, if..."

"I wasn't hurt! But I am now..."

"Jason, please!"

"I'll get my things and I'm out of here. I won't bother you anymore."

"Please, don't leave me again." You reached for his hand but he rejected you.

"[Y/N], let's just leave the things the way they are. It's not worth it. I can't do this anymore."

"You can't do this anymore?! You? I couldn't sleep at night because of you. You had no idea what impact you had on me when you left. I thought you'll at least call but you didn't even bothered to answer my calls. Don't blame this on me! I'm not say I am innocent but it's not entirely my fault!"

"Oh, [Y/N], stop with this bullshit! You're acting like I pushed you in his arms. I would've never cheated on you but I see that that's not mutual."

"We took a break."

"You're right. You're absolutely right, [Y/N]. I don't even know why I care. I'll just go. Someone is going to come after my things these days."

"Jason..."

You couldn't handle it. Seeing him leaving again was just too much. You wanted to scream after him, to beg him to come back to you, but you couldn't.

"Oh,you can keep this.." He handed you a small black box. "I bought it for you, you can keep it. I definitely don't need it."

He slammed the door behind him and it gave you goosebumps. You opened the small box which contained the most beautiful ring you ever saw. He wanted to propose to you.