DNR // Tim Drake

Summary: You were diagnosed with cancer and your husband is shocked to find out you signed a DNR (Do Not Resuscitate).

***

He was staring at the photo album you made just a year ago for his birthday. Pictures since you two met, your first date, your engagement, your wedding, the birth of your daughter. Tim was staring at the first picture of your daughter, the first time he ever hold her and smiled. You were by his side while he was holding the baby, making sure Tim won't drop her from the emotions.

Another tear fell on the picture and he didn't even bothered to wipe it away. It was to much to take and maybe it was the time to let them go.

A year ago you were diagnosed with primary cardiac tumor, heart cancer. Extremely rare but also most of the time deadly. Since you were born you always had issues with your heart, but now was bad. It was like life was making fun of you.

Everything was just perfect a yea ago. You were a happy woman with a beautiful baby girl and the most caring husband. But you found out he husband on you, ruining your 7 years marriage then you found out you had cancer. What a year, right?

A year full of pain, doctors appointments, tears and sadness. You just couldn't take it anymore. The only thing that was keeping you alive was your daughter. The sweet cinnamon roll that always makes you smile, no matter what, she always finds a way. She is just 5 years old and she doesn't knows what is going on. Everyone keeps telling her that mommy is sick but she is going to be fine. Will you?

After Tim found out about you having cancer he gave up everything. His fancy job at the Wayne Enterprises, being Red Robin, everything. He dedicated all the time he had to you and your daughter. 

And it was nice. You were a family again, but with what cost? Maybe it was too late?

You were lying in the hospital bed with Tim by your side after your heart decided not to work properly again. You were asleep but you could hear Tim crying, turning on the pages. It was like a dream, you couldn't see him but you could hear him so clear.

The machine that was showing you hear beats began to beep and Tim got up panicked. A nurse came immediately in the room screaming for your doctor's name. The man who was once your best friend looked at you shocked for a second, scared not to lose you. He came back to reality fast, not like Tim who was speechless. 

''BP is dropping. I need a crash cart now!'' He screamed while Tim was looking at you not knowing what to do. His heart was beating so fast, his mouth was opened wanting to say something, but there were to words.

''But docto-'' The nurse started but the doctor cut her off.

''Bring me the damn crash cart!'' He yelled making her flinch. 

The woman sighed and left the room, coming back seconds later with the crash cart and your medical records.

''Before you do this you should know she signed a DNR.'' The woman in her late 40s said, but the doctor didn't even listened to her. You were his friend and you were not going to die on his watch. Even though you decided different. 

''DNR?'' Tim asked confused.

''Tim, do you let me bring her back?'' Jordan, your doctor, asked your husband.

''Yes, of course.''

''Charge to 300. Push 1 of epi. Clear!''

DNR? Tim asked himself. Why would you sign a DNR? When did you signed it? Last time you ended up lying in the hospital you decided that maybe it's time to let go, and if it's your time to die, so be it. You used to be so scared of death, but going through this year you realized death was the kindest thing that could happen to you.