Little White Lies 2 // Jason Todd

"Can I help you?" He tried his best to find his words, and even though you weren't able to see it, he was shocked that you were standing in front of him. Since this morning when he bumped into you he couldn't stop thinking about how much he wanted to tell you how beautiful you look today, just like any other day.

"Sugar." The only thing that crossed your mind was how people ask their neighbors if they have sugar. The stupid cliche you always see in movies. People really ask their neighbors for sugar? It was stupid but you at least pulled out a word.

"I think I have some." He mumbled, trying his best to remember if he really has any and to also stay calm and act as normal as possible around you. He had no idea when he did the groceries the last time. Usually Alfred does them for him or one of his brothers comes with fast food.

You weren't that type of person who invades someone else's personal space, but this time you let yourself in in Jason's apartment when he left to the kitchen, even though he didn't invited you in. Still, he didn't protested when you followed him, he was actually more than happy to be that close to you, even for a little while.

"I'm sorry for the mess...I wasn't expecting anyone." It wasn't just a mess, it was like a tornado made it's way into Jason's apartmen. Bottles of alcohol, unfinished cigarettes, clothes all over the floor, dishes, food that was probably more than two weeks old. That's how much you affected Jason Todd. So much that he neglected everything, everything except for you.

He looked bad. Really bad. You never thought someone would love you that much to end up like this. You didn't just broke his heart when the "accident" happened and forgot who he was, you ruined him. It was like in the picture you were holding in your pocket it was a totally different person, it was nothing like the one standing in front of you. It was like Jason Todd died once again when your memory did.

"I swear I had some the last time I checked." He whispered looking through the stuffs he had on the top shelf.

"I..." You tried to find your words while he wasn't looking at you. "Jason..." You almost whispered. It was such a weird feeling to say his name out loud, not only in your head. The whole day you thought about the name that belongs to the man you once loved, but now that you hear it it's more pleasant than thinking about it.

Your voice saying his name gave him goosebumps and he was terrified of turning around to face you,but he did it anyway. "I'm not here for sugar."

He looked at you confused. There were a lot of things going on in Jason's head at the time, and it might've crossed his mind that you are here because of him. That you remembered him and how much you love him, just like he loves you. But he left that corner of his mind because it was too bright for a lost and dark soul like his. He felt like he didn't deserved that much happiness.

"Then what are you here for? It's because of the music, isn't it?"

He was sure it was the music. He was aware that he sometimes listens to music really loud, but it was all with a purpose. Jason never understood before the accident, your weird passion for sad song. They made you feel better. After your accident Jason understood what was all that about. Listening to your favorite songs made him feel better and a little bit closer to you. Even though he was crying while listening to them, it felt like you were there to wipe away the tears.

He plays every song every night in the hope that you might remember one of them. That you might remember him. When he can't sleep because of the nightmares, he look through the window at the stars, his mind creating different scenarios where you and him are back together like you used to.

"Your music is very lovely, it doesn't bother me at all." You assured him. "Maybe you could give me your playlist, if you want. I'd really enjoy to listen to them more often."