Amsterdam // Jason Todd (Male Reader)

Summary: Jason takes a vacation in Europe and meets you in a library.

***

Gotham began to suffocate Jason. He thought that maybe it didn't started just now, but years ago. It was just a slow process that was trying to suck the life out of him. Life wasn't fair with Jason, but despite everything that happened to him he was still a good person. All he wanted to do was to protect the innocent, the weak, the ones who can't protect themselves.

He wanted to talk to Roy, his friend always knew what to say to make him feel better. But when Roy found out that Jason has a new team that he actually calls ''team'', his heart hurt a little. Of course, he was happy for his friend, but he felt replaced. So, Arsenal wasn't an option, even though Jason missed his best friend a lot.

While he was on patrol one night he started to think. And think. Maybe he should take a break. Maybe he should leave for a while. When he was with Roy and Starfire they always spent time on different places, it was nice. He missed that.

But where should he go?

He always wanted to visit Europe. But not like a mission with Batman like he did before. Like a vacation. Before he realized Jason was in an airplane that was going straight to Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

***

He was sitting in a small coffee shop, slowing enjoying his cup of coffee and pretending to read the newspaper. He never reads the newspaper. Maybe in Gotham, when someone writes something about Red Hood, but otherwise he always reads only books.

It was weird, but he couldn't stop looking at the book store across the street. He tried to take his look away from the man that was sitting at the cash register, but somehow he was interesting.

''You should talk to him. He's nice.'' The voice of the waitress woke him up. ''Huh?'' He asked confused.

''You should talk to him.'' The woman who was in her 20s said again. ''I'm not, uhm, yeah. You got it wrong.'' He looked again at the newspaper pretending to read, hoping that she would go away.

''Yeah, sure. You shouldn't be ashamed. It's weird at first but you should give it a shot.'' She was annoying, but she was right.

''If you say so.'' Was the only thing he said, making the waitress to leave.

The next three days he came to the coffee shop again, sitting in the same stop, reading the newspaper and drinking the same thing. The coffee wasn't that great, it was nothing special about this place, but he didn't wanted to admit that the only reason why he keeps coming back is to watch at the book store across the street.

''He's gay.'' The waitress said bringing him another cup of coffee. ''I talked to him last night after my shift ended.'' And she left.

She wasn't sure, but she thought that Jason smiled after she left. He did. Jason didn't knew why, but he was happy that he might actually have a chance. It took him three days of stalking after he finally went there.

As he walked into the book store, he avoided to make eye contact with him. He was afraid to talk to a woman, but with him was so different. It was a strange feeling that Jason didn't felt before. Was he really falling for this stranger?

He knew he should buy a book, but he was just staring at the covers unable to read the titles. His mind was somewhere else. He was thinking at him. ''Just say hey. Or ask him for help. Just say something.'' He thought, but he couldn't move his body or his mouth.

''Do you need help?'' Jason started at him for a minute, trying to process what is happening. ''Come on, Todd, don't make a fool out of you. Say something.''

''Are you looking for something specific?'' He asked looking at Jason. ''Uhm, not really. I don't know.'' He avoided eye contact once again. ''Damn, he looks better from here.''

''What you usually read?'' He stepped forward, making the space between him and Jason smaller. ''Classics.'' Jason answered shortly. ''But I don't mind trying something new.'' He said with a smirk on his face, and he realized that he was not talking about books anymore.

''Well, I prefer Young adult. They are perfect for teenagers but I really like them. I can recommend you some.'' He smiled. ''Damn, what a smile.'' Jason nodded. ''Sure!''

He left for a few minutes, and Jason didn't hesitated to analyze his body. He couldn't help himself. ''Here. This is my favorite book. It's called . It's very interesting. It made me realize some things.''

''I'll take it.'' The young man nodded. ''Follow me.'' Jason followed him to the cash register and paid for the book. ''If you don't mind, I'd like to know what you think about it after you read it.'' Jason nodded again and smiled as the man was writing his number on a piece of paper. ''Have a nice day.''

When Jason walked into the coffee shop for the second time that day with a huge smile on his face and a book in his hand, the waitress couldn't wait to take his order. She wanted so bad to know how it went.

''Here is your coffee.'' She said as she placed the coffee on the table. She didn't waited for Jason to order, she was way too excited for that. ''So I guess it went well, right? Please, tell me it went well.'' Jason laughed. ''Holy shit! I'm so gay.''

''I already knew that.'' She laughed. ''How?'' He asked a little confused. ''It was so obvious?''

''Yeah, you were holding the newspaper upside down.'' She laughed and Jason couldn't believe that, but as he went back that day he realize that she was right.

''Take a seat.'' Jason pointed to the place in front of him, and she couldn't help but smile. ''My name is Jason, by the way.''

He didn't knew why, but he was so excited to tell her everything. She was a stranger, but for no reason he felt like they did this for years, like they were already friends. He couldn't stop thinking about the handsome young man who stole his heart in Amsterdam. Who would've thought?  In the end, Amsterdam was the best choice Jason could've made, and he knew that.