chapter 6

Hailey's P.O.V

It was dark too dark. I felt like I was floating in darkness with nothing in front of me. Then suddenly flashbacks of my life started. I saw all the beating and abuse I endured. I saw all the insults thrown at me. I saw all the times my parents hit me and called me a worthless brat.

Then all the good memories came. Me at the fair with my mom and dad. My father giving me a piggyback ride. My mom feeding me ice cream. Me playing with my big sister. My big sisters body all beaten and torn because of the rouges. Then my most hated flashback started

I was playing with big sissy. She said she will hide and I will find her. I was finding her for a lot of time and I found her. She was with her boyfriend. He was angry. I didn't like him. He had cooties. And he smelled. Mommy and daddy didn't know about him and sissy said not to tell because he was a-a ro-rou-rouge. Yeah, that's the word. Sissy said he is not bad, but I don't like him. He was fighting sissy and then he became a wolf. He was a dirty wolf and he killed sissy. I couldn't do anything but scream. Mommy and daddy hear me scream and come to us. They said sissy die because of me. They beat me because I was bad girl. They said bad names to me. They said they hate me, I hate me.

I suddenly sat up. Cold sweat covering my body. The same nightmare came back to me. I looked around me and saw I was in a bedroom but it wasn't mine. I started freaking out when a calming sensation came over me. It felt like drugs I wanted to panic but I couldn't. There was a knock on the door and a girl my age came strolling in like she owned the place and she probably did. Right then I was envious and jealous of her that she was so confident in her skin and I wasn't. Then I remembered that I was supposed to be cooking dinner for the pack. For a moment I panicked then I remembered that I was rouge since I rejected my alphas order and left the pack land. For a second I didn't know to feel happy or sad, so I settled on fury. Now that I was free I could finally take revenge on all those who treated me like trash.

I looked up at the girl and thought man I made a lesbian crush. She was perfect in every way. I then thought why my stupid alpha would reject a girl like her. And I got the answer. Because of power, he was a power-thirsty man and thrived on it. If you took the alpha status from him he would be like a shell and I knew it better than anyone else. After thinking for what felt like hours I could see the girl drooping like she was about to sleep. I then decided to speak.

"Why am I here?"

When she was about to speak it was like she went into a trance and I was thinking of snapping my fingers in front of her face. Then all a sudden her eyes turned silvery white and I was beyond freaked. Then the ground rumbled like an earthquake and the air in the room resembled like a twister things flew in every direction and I saw outside the window the calm sunny day turned stormy with lightning and thunder. I felt a whimper escape me and like a flash, it was all gone. Everything returned to its place and I was embraced in a hug. I was beyond shocked what is going on? But I felt calm in her arms like...... like a sister. I hadn't had that feeling in eleven years. I felt tears spring into my eyes and the girl pulled back.

"Shh it's okay now you've got me. I won't let anyone hurt you"

She cooed wiping my tears. Then she smiled and held out her hand.

"I keep calling you girl all the time. Let's introduce. Hi! I'm Melissa. Nice to meet you. And you are"

"Hailey"

"Well, Hailey let's get you cleaned up. You can use the shower there and there are clean towels, I'll get you my clothes and then we can go shopping. After we eat HAPPY."