chapter 8

Mel's P.O.V

When I parked the car at home I saw that Hailey was still fast asleep. I shook my head and transported her to the bed. I took out all the shopping bags and took them upstairs. With one snap they were in the walk in closet of the guest room or Hailey's room now. Then I took my bags and also the tux and extra clothes I bought max today. Seeing Dumont again made me remember the things I had to go through to become queen and all the hardships I had to go through after. I was still dazed when I heard the doorbell and realized that the house was empty. Maybe my family was already at the pack house.

When I ran down the stairs to open the door I was surprised to see max standing there with his nose in the air like he was smelling the air. I thought he smelled rouges or something but I was wrong when he ran upstairs and stopped right in front of Hailey's room. I shouted or him to stop but I was late. He already opened the door and was entering it. I ran upstairs and saw Hailey was sitting up in bed with a weird face and max was staring at her in the same way.

"Mate"

"Mate?"

I quickly closed the door and went downstairs but not before yelling

"Don't forget protection"

Max's P.O.V

Here I stood in front of my cousin's house. After morning I didn't see her at school and then someone told me she went home early with someone and I shrugged it off but when she announced an initiation ceremony for someone I was beyond curious about who she was and when she didn't receive my calls or reply to my text I thought she was in trouble. And here I am but what I didn't expect was this delicious smell of vanilla with a hint of lemongrass. I sniffed the air and held my nose in the air still sniffing when the door opened I stormed in without waiting for anyone. I ran upstairs and stood in front of one of the guest rooms. The smell was coming from there. I stood there waiting for a moment. I knew what was behind this door.

After a moments decision, I opened the door and walked inside. What I saw in front of me made my breath catch in my throat. There on the bed, sat the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. She had the most beautiful eyes ever. They were grey but held little sparks of gold and blue in them. Her hair was just perfect even though it was a little ruffled as though she woke up. She was looking at me with wide eyes and I was pleased to know that she was also checking me out like I was her. Then I whispered the words my wolf was screaming in my head since I walked in

"Mate"

"Mate?"

Mine sounded like a statement hers sounded like a question. We were still staring at each other. We both looked away when I felt my cousin yell

"Don't forget protection!"

Followed by her maniacal laugh. My mate was blushing deep tomato red and when I sat in the chair near her bed I looked at her closely. When all of a sudden I saw scars on her arms. There were a few on her arms but I could also see some on her stomach when her shirt rode up a little. I felt my eyes turn black with rage and in a second I was by her side holding her arm. Soon rover my wolf took over and ripped her shirt away from her body. Not caring that she was naked her examined her and then practically growled out.

"Who did this? I will tear them to shreds!"

She just whimpered in reply clearly scared of my wolf. I took back control and pulled her into my embrace feeling the shocks mates feel when they touch each other. She started sobbing quietly and in between sobs told me her story. When she finished I felt the little control I had over my wolf evaporate. My vision turned red and my wolf wanted the whole pack's blood. I wanted the same thing. I was just about to stand when Hailey pulled me down and made me promise I won't do anything and that Mel has it under control. I still didn't listen but I suddenly got back control because of the question she asked me. I was still filled with rage when in just barely a whisper Hailey asked me

"Are you going to reject me?"

"What! Wh-why would I do that? You're the best thing that happened to me. I have waited for you all my life and I finally found you. I don't care if you have scars or that your old pack mistreated you. Those scars don't make you ugly they show that you have gone through so much and are still strong. I know it may be too early but Hailey you mean the world to me and I have loved you ever since I was ten when my mum told me about mates. I fell in love with the thought that the goddess made a person out there just for me and it would only be mine. Sure I was a little scared at the thought that when I finally found you, you would reject me or find me not enough for you and end up breaking my heart but seeing you here I have fallen all over again and every minute I look at you I keep falling even deeper into the ocean of love. I love you Hailey"

"Is it me or did the last part sound a little cliché? None the less max I thought the same thing but I knew that once I found my mate that I would be rejected but now look here you say you love me. And I can see the look in your eyes that you want my answer. Well, max I fell in love with you the moment you didn't judge me because of my past. I love you too max"

Just hearing those words I placed my lips on hers and put my hands on her waist and hers were interlace in my hair. It was the best feeling ever and I felt my eyes turn dark from lust. I growled in approval when I saw that she still didn't have her shirt on from before and she had a lacey bra under it. We would have completed the mating process had it not been my annoying cousin barging in on us. Hailey quickly moved away blushing trying to hide her body from Mel. I looked at her in annoyance with an 'are you serious' look on my face. I saw Mel covering her eyes and trying to find the door.

"Are you decent or should I leave."

"Were fine"

"Good''

She removed her hands and smirked

"Well, that went fast. At that rate, I'll be an aunt in like the next four months. Anywho hails just one question? When is your birthday?"

"You're asking like you don't know"

"Well I do just want to let my twin here know"

"19th November"

"hmm that's makes it like two hours tops since it took me one and a half hour to realize and then ten minutes to come here and five minutes to get you decent and also the five minutes we waste her aimlessly talking I'd say we have ten minutes tops"

We looked at her like she had gone Looney. She looked at us and sighed

"She. Underage. You. Age. You. Found mate. She found mate. But she underage. You touch her. She shifts. She has five minutes."

She said each word like explaining to a child. It took a moment but I did and my eyes widened in shock and so did Hailey's. It was basic knowledge that if the person is underage when they find their mate they shift early because their wolf awakens and that is what happened. I didn't know that Hailey was underage and touched her now she will have to have her first change early. I looked at her and she had fear in her eyes. I wrapped my arms around her and whispered for her to calm down. Suddenly there was a flash and I saw Mel holding a camera and she snapped the picture. Hailey and I stared at her and she shrugged

"It was an Aww moment! Since you so kindly wasted another four minutes we have.........three......two....one"

And on cue Hailey's screams sounded and I saw her arm snap and dislocate. I cursed and carried her downstairs and in the backyard. I knelt beside her and kept touching her and whispering sweet nothings so it could be easy for her. Just as her last bone was about to snap I moved back to give her space and that's when the flash happened.

______________________________________________________________________________

what do you think happened........... anyhow I still love the way Hailey found her happiness................question is will it last???? no one knows...............except me! *evil laugh*

well........ thank ya'll for reading and ill see ya'll later bye