chapter 20

Hades just gave me a little smile and then left the room without a word. I felt Danny get fussy and realized that he was probably hungry since it was feeding time. I walked out of my room until I reached the kitchens. I saw it was empty except for one figure standing in the corner. I realized that he was alpha Adrian. 

I put Danny in the little chair for babies and went to the fridge where there was a bunch of baby bottles filled with milk. I take one and heat it in the microwave. I sneak a peek at what alpha Adrian was doing and saw he was making a sandwich. My mouth watered as I saw him put the grilled chicken and some cheese.

 I just shook my head when I heard the beeping sound of the microwave. I pulled the bottle out and checked if the milk was not too hot. I take one of the jars of mango pudding mom made and placed them in front of Danny. Ever since I got Danny I realized he is a very picky eater. Sometimes he wants pudding and sometimes just plain old milk.

He looks at both things and slaps away the bottle. I huff and pick it off the floor and put it on the table. I reach for the pudding and the baby spoon and carefully place little bits of pudding in his mouth. He smacks his lips as each bite comes through. I probably look weird with my stupid meaningless baby talk and cooing. But Danny seems to enjoy it so I don't care. It's like we are in our little bubble and having the time of our lives. 

The bubble was so thick I almost forgot about alpha Adrian being there. but I remembered him when a plate with a sandwich on it appeared by my side. I looked up and saw alpha Adrian standing there with a poker face. He must be good at that game. He just gives a little bow and sits on the opposite seat. I quirk my eyes in confusion. Why was he bowing at me? He must see the puzzlement on my face because he just points to my eyes and I realize I forgot to change my eye color. Since I shifted it must have changed back. I just give him a smile and am shocked when he picks the jar of pudding and starts to give Danny little bites like I was doing minus the cooing and weird noises.

 I just look at what Danny does and am further shocked when he takes one look at the huge giant dude with the little spoon in his hand feeding him and opens his mouth to eat what's on the spoon. I guess he made a new friend 'cause the next thing I know is that he demands to be picked up. Adrian looks at me with fear and a little eagerness I give him a small smile and pass a very happy Danny to him and securely sit him on the table in front of Adrian. I tell him to put his hands around Danny so he doesn't fall and he does all of this with stiffness but once Danny gives a little giggle and pulls on Adrian's hair he loosens and gives the little baby a small smile that looks like a frown weirdly gone tipsy. It showed how maybe it was the first time he smiled in a long time.

 All of a sudden Hailey comes bursting in with the way she does all hyper and jumpy. Maybe Adrian got startled or something but it looked like he lost control and his eyes shifted to black. I would panic for Danny but his body language said otherwise, Adrian's wolf stood in an awkward way with his hands still around Danny like the way I left them. he was afraid of hurting Danny and he also wanted to hurt the intruder so naturally, he looked a little weird.

Hailey gave a huge scream that had guards all piling in looking alarmed and once they saw Danny in a very out of control Adrian's arms they all raised their guns and pointed them at him. Three even shifted and stood at the front of the little group.

Me? I just licked my fingers for the leftover sauce that was on my hands from the delicious sandwich Adrian made. Once I was finished and rather annoyed at the way chaos just started in this once quiet peaceful place. I just gave one little growl and simultaneously a lot of things happened. The guards lowered their weapons and the shifter wolves moved a little back. Hailey was still shaking like a leaf but Adrian had stopped growling and nuzzled his head in Danny's hair. 

What Danny was doing the whole time was what wanted to make me laugh. He just sat there the whole time babbling nonsense to himself and trying to fit Adrian's necklace thing in his mouth. I giggled and everyone looked at me weird. I composed myself and put on a poker face.

"everybody leave the room. Now!''

I saw Hailey was staying behind so I growled and she ran away, probably to tell max I was going crazy. I rolled my eyes and went to stand next to Adrian. He just bowed his head and I could feel regret coming off him in waves.

"I'm sorry princess I put your cub in danger. I will stay away from him now."

I was shocked, to say the least. Even Danny was looking at Adrian shocked. His voice was a mix between a growl and some human words but he still talked!

"first of all wow! You can talk! And second of all, Adrian I know you will not hurt Danny. If I thought you would hurt him I would have never given him to you. I know you got startled and lost control but your wolf was only protecting Danny. I can see him through your eyes. You keep that part away from you so he is turning wild. You shifted for the first time years ago and didn't after that. If you don't let your wolf out he will turn wild and you will go rogue. You need to let him out. He can help you not hurt you."

"but he is wild, princess. All he thinks about is hurting people."

I knew why he was doing that and telling Adrian would only upset him. Adrian was like a lost pup with no one to guide him. he was scared and angry at everything. I took a calming breath and took Danny from him. he hung his head thinking I was going to leave him. I just shook my head and called out.

"come on Hailey! I know you are there."

She came out from behind the door with a guilty look on her face.

"can you take Danny away. I need to do something. And I will deal with you later."

________________________________________________________________________________

ooooooooh! what is going to happen next? i already know but u guys dont so......boo yah! 

ahem! I am weird I know. but I just wanted to post this chapter after the depressing one I did before and also one more thing.

thank you all for the 500 views. I know most people might have more and stuff but this means a lot to me.......like a lot-lot. I don't care the ratio of views to votes is not equal and that people ghost out after reading without voting but I just like that at least someone has the decency to try and read the crap I put out so thank you all so much. if I could I would give every one of the readers a squeezy bear hug but I can't so............

GHOST HUG!

thank you all for reading and I'll see you all later ............bye😊💙😎😘