Chapter 38

Melissa's P.O.V:

I splash water on my face after waking up from my nightmare and see the time was almost six in the morning. Might as well get up to train. Since that weird body transportation thing in my office near Adalina I was getting these same nightmares every night and it was getting annoying. I tried calling mother and father but they wouldn't respond to any of them or show a sign they got my message. I didn't see them after the night they told me to accept my new mate. Speaking of him, he was really very sweet. He cared for both me and my son and I loved it. I wanted to give in and accept him already but my broken heart was already barely mending itself and one more shatter and I am afraid I can lose myself forever and I want to be here at least till the war is over and I know my family and child are safe.

One of the castles maids entered my room after knocking and left a letter on the desk next to me where I usually read the boring spell books. I picked it up and the smell of my mate immediately hit my nose. I breathed it in and as much as I didn't like to admit it, I loved his scent, it was addicting and I wanted more of it but I was too afraid.

I opened the letter and read it.

Dear Beautiful Mate,

I know it is quite early but I know you are always up this early to go for training but is it bad if I ask you to skip training for one day and agree on a date with me. After all you did agree to let me vow you and make you fall for me, and after the last three dates I can really see I need to up my game to make you mine before you change your mind, so there is a little something in the closet I chose for you and I am hoping you would wear it.............u don't have to but I would like it if you would...........I'm not forcing u.........I need to stop this............not us dating....the babbling thing.........well, if you agree I would be down in the driveway in the next three hours.

PS: please don't say no :3

I couldn't help the ridiculous grin off my face. I almost skipped to the closet and saw there was a beautiful black dress with some silver sparkles on it. I immediately hopped in the shower and almost scrubbed my skin off in a hurry to get ready. In all honestly I didn't take as much time as any other girl did but I wanted to be ready early and..........i don't know what I would do after that.

I blast a gust of wind through my hair and it instantly dries. I smile in satisfaction, having magic is fun. I shimmy into the dress and do a once over in the mirror. The dress was the prettiest one I had even seen and this is coming from a tomboy who is dragged by her mother to get into dresses. I find a pair of black sandals that went perfectly with my dress and put them on as well. Oh boy, here comes the time for makeup. I carefully apply eyeliner and make it look as even as possible. I then apply some concealer to hide the huge dark circles under my eyes. With just a little bit of cherry flavored Chap Stick I was done and when I saw the time I realized I still had like two hours till Ethan was supposed to be here to pick me so I decided to go check on Danny. I can't explain it but the last few days he has been a little off. I don't know what it is and he is blocking me out and won't tell me either. I could easily prowl through his mind but he wouldn't like that.

I knock on his door and where there isn't an answer I walk in and see the room was neat and clean and Danny was nowhere to be seen. I then remember he was out training with the other pups today. I smile and walk to a book in the corner of his bed. I can say he tried to hide it but anyone who walked in could see it from a mile away. I pick it up and open it to see a whole album of pictures that were drawn. I knew Danny liked to draw and paint but all he showed me were kiddo pictures like stick figures and weirdly shaped objects but this book. It was filled with pictures of the whole family. The first picture was of ma and pa. it was like he clicked a picture of them talking while gazing into each other's eyes and then drew copying that picture. I remember that day very well. It was a family picnic and ma and pa were just telling us how they met for the first time and found out they were mates. The way they gazed lovingly into each other's eyes almost bought tears to everyone's eyes. It was really a beautiful moment. Under their photo was a note I could tell was written by Danny.