Chapter 31

Melissa's P.O.V

When I wake up the next morning I see the bed next to me is empty and remember Danny asking or more like demanding for a separate bedroom because he is a big boy. I know some kid from the pack said something and as much as Danny loves sleeping next to me, he likes his pride far more so I had a few wolves go out and bring him stuff for his room. He made them paint it all dark blue and added different animal shadow stickers that were almost the same size as the real ones. They looked like they were running around the room. To say I was impressed with his design was an understatement. I kissed his face over and over saying he was such a precious cutie and that I was proud of him. he squealed and made me stop even though I knew he didn't want me to.

I groan and roll over hiding my face in the pillow. I had barely been getting any sleep these past few days since the stupid vision. I would keep thinking about who the enemy was and when I turned over still thinking I saw it was morning. I hated it. I hate not knowing what was coming for my people and family. When I looked in the mirror after getting out of bed I saw the dark circles under my eyes were getting bigger. I sighed and instead of my usual tank top and fitted jeans I put on Dumont's oversized hoodie and a pair of leggings with my favorite pair of vans. I sigh at my unruly hair and brush through them and put them under my hoodie. I change my eyes color to dark blue just because I wanted to and walked or more like dragged myself downstairs. I sat among the others like the past few days. Everyone knew I was tense and angry about something so they didn't say anything. I saw Hailey and Max were on the table today after a week. I grin at Hailey and she blushes, trying to hide her mark that sat proud on her shoulder. When a mates mark each other usually on the shoulder, the mark turns into a tattoo in a few hours.

Max growls at Hailey when she tried to hide her mark and when she moves her hand away Max gives a proud growl and accepts the high fives from pa, Dumont, Adrian and even Danny even though he doesn't know what they were high fiving about. All the time Hailey's blush deepens. I fall into full blown laughter when I hear something. They all look at me weird. I point at Hailey and she somehow understands and her mouth hangs open. I tone down the laughter and sober up, my mood turning dark. I couldn't let this war happen now at any cost. I put a piece of bacon in my mouth and hang my head low.

"what happened sis? Why are you so sad and why are your eyes blue?"

I could tell what Max asked was what was on everybody's minds but I just gave him a smile,

"nothing you guys just wanted a little change today. you don't have to worry about anything."

"come on Lisa you called me your sister, and I can see you are sad, or angry about something. Please tell me."

This was Hailey and she looked at me with hope in her eyes but I shook it off. It wouldn't help if I told them. the would only panic more. Pa starts then.

"yeah kiddo. I have been seeing the same sad face for the past week. What's wrong?"

"nothing pa, it's just pack stuff."

"it's not nothing if you are this tense about something. Tell us maybe we can help you"

I pulled at my hair as my family began asking more questions. They still couldn't tell I was stressed about it all and kept asking. Lilith was still on the edge from the vision and all these questions pushed her over the edge. She took control and growled so loud the table shook. Everyone except Danny whimpered at the growl of anger.

"what do you want me to tell? Huh. That there is an unknown enemy that can possibly win a war they wage over us and take over the earth, making all us super naturals their pets, or do you want me to tell you that I can possibly lose my whole family in this war. So you want me to tell you all how I can't even bloody find the enemy or it's weakness, or that I am going crazy thinking if I can protect my child or all the other children of the world or the ones coming in the future. Do you want me to tell you how I get visions of thousands of my supes all dead in the battle field. how I can see their dead eyes stare at me in my nightmares. Is that what you want me to tell you? Or the fact I know I will lose someone very close to me at the end of the battle and it could possibly be someone sitting right here on the table. is that what you wanted to know? Well you got what you wanted! I will be in my office, preparing plans. Excuse me!"

I storm out of the dining room leaving behind a stunned family. I fall on the ground holding my head as I reach my office. The whole thing gave me a huge headache and it was killing me. I growled one last time and when Lilith gave me control. I started trashing my office. When I was done I realized I was still not calmed down or satisfied so I took off to the training room to blow off steam at the punching bags.  

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

well.... I didnt realize I would be doing a tripple or a double update but my forgetful ass published chapter 32 before 30 and 31 so I guess I have to do it i guess.

Lemme know what ya'all think of the story so far and be honest, I need to know if there is something I can add to this stuff to make it better or something

Peace out!