Chapter 32

Hailey's P.O.V:

We all sat open mouthed after what Lisa said at the table. I could see everyone almost was bought to tears. The pain and helplessness in her voice was raw and I wanted to cry in the corner. I was embarrassed at the start of the diner not wanting anyone to pick up on the little heart beat in my stomach but Lisa did and I knew she was happy but I didn't realize the news bought her into and even more depressing state. I knew the feeling of not being able to help the people we love and just helplessly watch them suffer. I felt that with my sister Layla and now with Lisa. I felt how she was struggling with her emotions, how she wanted to protect us all from the unknown but was failing. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Max laid his hand on mine. I felt a single tear slip out of my eyes. Lisa was a sister to me and I didn't want her to suffer.

"what are we going to do about it?"

I asked in hopes we could somehow lessen the burden.

"I don't think we can do anything. She is the only one with the power and even she can't find the threat. It's best if we only comfort her in our own way and not crowd her"

Pa was right and as much as I hated the thought of not being of any help I knew the only way to fix her mood and all was by being supportive. Everyone stands from the table and leaves for their own stuff. Max and I go back to our room as I was still a little sore and the morning sickness wasn't helping much. Max wanted to take me to the doctor but I said it was just something I ate and it was getting out of my system. I thought back to the little talk I had with Lisa which seemed a long time ago.

Flashback

"Come on Lisa tell me what is going to happen if I go into heat?"

"You will mate of course. What else do you think? Play basketball?"

She snickered but groaned in pain as another wave of her heat hit her, I absent mindedly played with Danny in my arms. I would love a baby of my own but I didn't know if I was ready for that. Hell, I wasn't even marked by Max yet. I blushed at the thought of completing the mating process.

"from the red in your cheeks I gather you are thinking about mating?"

She wiggled her eyebrows but rolled over her bed and groaned in pain. She held the ice pack close to her stomach. I winced; I didn't want to feel that pain. I smiled when Danny let out a cute giggle at something random. I desperately longed for a child of my own and couldn't wait to hold my very own bundle of joy in my arms.

"will I get pregnant the first time I get my heat?"

"it depends on how much you do it."

She laughed loudly at my embarrassed state. I didn't know what to say after that so I kept quiet.

I remembered how embarrassed and unsure I felt that time but during my heat all I wanted was to rip Max's clothes off and force him if I had to. Needless to say we did to it a lot. The result of that was the little bun in my oven. I was still scared to tell Max. I didn't know how he would take the news or if he even wanted a baby so early in our mating. I sighed and took a jar of pickles from the mini fridge in our room. Max knew I loved pickles so kept a whole jar of them always in our mini fridge ever since he found me in the castle's kitchen in the middle of the night, munching on pickles with pickle juice around my mouth. I smiled when I saw Max play fighting with Danny on the floor. I knew he would be a great dad, question was. Did he want to be one? 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

oooooohhhhhh a bit of a cliff hanger, also a filler, there are awesome and bad ass things to come forward so stay tuned.

Also I appreciate each and everyone of you peeps who return every so often to read my stuff and I have been MIA for some time but i promise I am here to stay now, I have the rest of the story almost kind of sort of finished and I will keep uploading chapters every week or so to sate your thirsty minds.

Peace out :)