chapter 16

"Come on bunny wake up!"

"Hmmmm"

"Mel, come on! You do this every time. We have got to go to this meeting. It is important."

"five minutes mom!"

"you have been saying that for the past hour. You missed breakfast and the meeting is in ten minutes."

I reluctantly opened my eyes and peeking at my mom who stood over me in the same way she has been doing the past week. Ever since that day when I first cried in like my whole life, mom has been like she is walking on eggshells around me. She even told the chef to not put too much salt in my eggs 'cause I don't like it. 

That might not be peculiar to most but it was weird for me because mom usually just forced weird spices and a lot of salt on everything I eat. I don't know why I think she has a fetish. Anyway, as I was saying before I trailed off, she thinks I am overwhelmed by the new position thrust upon me, truth is, this was what I was born to do and I love every moment of it. The thing bugging me is the fact that I have been having weird dreams of this one wolf that is hideous, to put it nicely, he is like a monster and honestly, I am afraid of this dude. 

Lilith says I am seeing something with my witchy sense. She thinks it is a potential threat and I do too. But the question is who this guy is. Lately, I have been getting the urge to just stand and walk off in some particular place my body is forcing me to go. It's like an annoying GPS that is broken and takes you only one place. I made up my mind that after this meeting I will follow wherever this feeling takes me to and see what the racket is about.

I would take max with me but he was busy with the mating process and stuff. Since I came here all I see is those two lovebirds all over the place. All max does is growl at anyone that looks at her and all Hailey does is laugh like a school girl. I would be jealous that she took away my brother but I had him for a long time and she deserves happiness after what she has gone through. I quickly dress up and head to the meeting room that has all the council members and my grandparents waiting for me. They all bow as I enter and I bow back. When I first did that it surprised a lot of them. they said as a royal I am not supposed to bow back. But I just replied with 'you show me respect I show you some back, bowing is a sign of respect, not weakness'. Before they knew me a few of them were iffy about me being a queen but that quickly won them over.

I take a seat between my grandma and grandpa at the huge circular table. as soon as I do the meeting commences and I zone out 'cause it is the boring stuff. Taxes and money related stuff. Since we live as a community and family we take care of those who are weak and not cast them out. Most weres have taken up odd jobs in the city and some have their own businesses but some wolves like the guards and pack fighters and warriors only work in the pack. They are paid by the money brought in the pack through some huge businesses grandpa has built up over the ages. He has some hotels and lodges all over the world as well as some stock stuff I don't understand, but it is enough to get in enough money to live in luxury.

After an hour when I thought the meeting was finally over, I was just going to get up with the rest of the members when grandpa called us all back.

"as you know I have been king for over a six hundred years, I am too old for this stuff and all weres need something fresh and youthful not some old fart like me."

He took a deep breath as to brace himself.

"I am denouncing my name as King and handing it over to my granddaughter."

A shocked gasp came from around the table. I expected chaos after that but everyone seemed to be in on the plan. I was the only one who was hearing this now. I got up from my seat and looked at pa.

"pa, are you sure? I don't think I am ready for this responsibility."

"sweetheart you were born ready for this. Ruling runs in your blood. it also helps that you have moon goddesses blessing over you."

I just nod and give a hesitant smile.

"so it's settled. Three weeks from now we will have the coronation ceremony for my sweet granddaughter. Spread the word generals. Get the word to all alphas. Every alpha over the world is invited."

With that everyone bursts into a flurry of activity and immediately the room empties until I am left alone with just my thoughts raging in my head. I then feel the flutter of need, the need to go after something. Lilith immediately takes control and shifts into my demonic form. Back wings immediately sprout from my back and my eyes change color to the demonic black, irises and all. I take off into the sky through the huge window of the meeting room. After following the invisible trail that leads to something I finally feel the urge to land. I land in the middle of a forest, that feels like a horror movie waiting to happen. I can already see it. Group of campers comes for a nice camp out in the woods only to never return. I wanted to laugh at that. Usually, I don't have such gruesome sadistic thoughts but since I am in my demonic form I am having a lot of them.

I was still living the sadistic dream when all of a sudden a frightening scream tears through the air and reaches my ears...................

________________________________________________________________________________what's gonna happen then? let me say it is something very cute and adorable.............anywho..............have fun and don't forget to support me if u like my story........peace out✌💙