chapter 18

Melissa's pov:

"are you serious? Is this a joke? Did you kidnap a baby? Mel it is not a time for jokes."

"mom it is not I found him in the woods. He was going to be eaten by a bunch of fallen demons."

Yes, I did go to my mom. I mean she took care of me when I was a baby so she must know something about this stuff. I still have the little baby in my arms and he is fast asleep. As soon as I came in I demanded the maid for some chicken or something for the baby but mom looked at me weird and just told her to bring some milk in a bowl and a spoon. When mom fed the baby with the milk he just gave a burp and shifted so his face was on my neck and fell asleep. Since then I didn't even move, afraid that he would wake up. He didn't once let mom even hold him. as soon as she tried to reach for him he started wailing until I pulled him back and cooed softly.

"what are you going to do with him now? Will you give him away?"

"no!"

Both Lilith and I gave a growl and mom seemed shocked. I let out a soft sigh shook my head.

"mom, he bonded to me. He's mine now mom, I'm not giving him to some stranger"

"how can he be bonded to you. he is a baby, he can't understand this stuff."

I let out something between a sigh and a growl.

"Gimme your hand."

I take her hand and place it on the baby's head. I give her some of my power of mind reading and empathy. I guide her through the baby's mind and when I hear her gasp I know she has seen it. There it is, he is dreaming. In his dream, I am holding him up and tickling him on the belly. Then there is me smiling at him. one by one all the memories of me and him are going through his mind. It is like a little movie but with a background music repeating 'mother' over and over again. It is said that the first time a child sees someone they know if they are its parents or not. When I pull mom back out of the trance she has soft tears running down her eyes.

"I'm gonna name him Daniel king. My son. My baby boy."

Baby Daniel just stirred and went back to sleep with a cute smile on his face.

"can you tell ma and pa for me. I'm gonna go take a shower and then get my baby some clothes."

She just nodded and I could see it in her eyes that she was proud of me for standing up to take care of Daniel. I gave her another soft smile and left the room.

.

.

.

.

.

It's been a week and Daniel is the center of everyone's attention. He eats it all up and turns everyone to mush with a single giggle. As soon as I left moms room she called ma and pa and also Hailey and max and told them everything. They had been super supportive and even helped with taking care of Danny. Ma and Pa were ecstatic that we had a little baby in the family. They always volunteered to take care of him while I was out training for the queen thing. I was not comfortable with it before but Danny helped me understand that I had to take responsibility for what I am supposed to be.

Ever since the maid saw me with Danny in my mom's room things had spread around. She took one look at Danny's eyes and assumed he was my biological child. I never bothered to change it. Now word spread around the whole kingdom that in two weeks when I will be coronated I will also reveal my little bundle of joy. Right now it is only my family that knows that Danny is not biologically mine but to the world, I had a baby two months ago and no one knows the father. I would rather people point finger at me than call out on Danny when he grows up.

Right now we were returning from the lawyer's office who happened to be my uncle. I just signed the documents and Danny's birth certificate declaring him as mine. Since Danny changed his eyes color to violet it is pretty obvious that he is a supe, but the question is 'what?' I get out of my car and take Danny out of his car seat. As soon as I'm in the castle Danny is snatched from my hands and into Hailey's. she kinda turns into a huge growly grizzly thing if I refuse to give her, her daily dose of Danny. I allow him to go with a little kiss on his forehead.

 Hailey immediately takes him to one of the many living rooms in the castle and plants on the sofa with him in her arms. As soon as the intro song starts Danny gives a delighted coo that matches the one that Hailey does. I swear she'll turn my baby into a sappy romance lover. I roll my eyes and enter my temporary office. My real one is being decorated by some of the wolves under ma's supervision. I told her not to go crazy 'cause I know if left unsupervised I'd have a disco ball and an indoor pool in my office, how do I know this? Simple just take a look at my grandpa's office, she decorated it.

I look at the stack of papers on my desk and sigh, it's gonna be a long day, I'm gonna be here all day.........

.

.

.

.

Nope. It's not. As soon as I pick the first stack and open the first page to read it mom comes bursting in and starts babbling a bunch of stuff. I ignore her and try to do my work, but she has other plans. She pulls the file out of my hands and drags me out of the room.

I somehow manage to stop her to pull me any further and possibly dislocate my shoulder. She looks at me with an expression a mix of annoyance and anger.

"now is not the time! We have to get you ready! They are gonna be here any moment. "

"Whoa! Mom, stop! Who is coming? We're gonna be late for what?"

"the alphas of course. Didn't dad tell you all the alphas were going to come for your coronation? I remember him saying that. Come on! You need to get ready. The first of the alphas just entered pack land."

"chill mom. I am the queen I can be late whenever I want."

"Melissa Lilith king! This is not the time for jokes. Don't you know first impressions mean everything? You need to put a good impression on them or you can lose all control."

I just sighed and let her drag me along. I just braced myself for all the torture I had to face when I got there. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I feel sorry for poor Melissa. she has to endure the dressing/shopping torture and as a tomboy myself I can tell it is torturous. tell me, are u a tomboy or a girly girl or are u somewhat in the middle? comment and tell me what u think. I'd like to hear u out.

anywho...........thanks ya'll for reading and I'll see yall later..........bye 

✌💙

peace out!