chapter 17

I was still living the sadistic dream when all of a sudden a frightening scream tears through the air and reaches my ears. I rolled my eyes at the irony of it. I may be sadistic but I have values. I wouldn’t let someone just die here. Maybe it is a wolf or a bear they are not that uncommon in these parts of the woods.

                     I flew over the tree top until I reached a clearing and saw the screaming was coming from a little basket which is surrounded by a bunch of rouge demons. They all have their wings missing and the same crazed looks in their eyes. Usually demons are fallen angels cast out of heaven because they cause felony. But rouge demons are even worse. They are demons that weren’t even worthy for living in hell. Right now they are crowding around the little baby in the basket. The baby must have sensed danger and cried.

                     I swoop down and kick one demon in the chest. Since he was the closest to the baby and the rest were behind him. One kick sent him flying into the others and they all struggle to stand back up. Once they do they snarl at me. Seeing an angel or even another demon is kind of a sore subject for them. I still am not in the mood for any killing, so I try the ‘talking’ method.

“leave now! I do not have time for your games.”

“we will not. We saw the food first. It is ours.”

“this is not food you piece of shit. It is a baby.”

“as if we care. We just want food.”

I was getting really angry now. First the queen thing and now this. I really don’t have time for this. With one swipe of my hand the one that seems to be the leader falls with his head detached from its body. The rest let out a scream and run away like their tails are on fire. I just shake my head and reach for the little basket that has the crying baby in it. I open the little flap thing and gasp at what’s inside.

                        There is a little baby and by the looks of it, it’s a boy. He is just like a little peanut, a very red peanut. He couldn't be more than six months old, and right now he is screaming his head off. I reach in and pick him up. As soon as I cradle him against my chest he quiets down and starts cooing softly. When he opens his eyes I gasp at the color. They look like a rainbow, but as soon as he looks in my eyes his own turn the same violet as mine. I gasp and he let's out a giggle. I smile at him but there is one question on my mind.

Who would leave such a precious thing in the middle of nowhere, and for how long.

I reach out to the baby’s mind and probe at it.
Usually babies do not have much thoughts but they know a few things like love and food. Right now he has two things in his mind one is food and I fall to my knees when I hear the second one. I give a teary smile and give him a kiss on his head.

                   I wrap the little blanket tighter around him and he gives another soft giggle. I look once at the sky, Since it is almost sun down. The moon and the sun are both in the sky together. I look at them and whisper a soft

''thank you"

I wrap the baby in my arms and fly over the tree tops in a whoosh. He lets out another little adorable giggle and I smile at him. I softly coo at him and he give a little toothy smile.

As soon as I enter my pack’s land it starts raining. I land on the ground and cover the baby with my wings to stop him from getting wet. I enter the castle from the back and two guards who are posted there gasp when they see me.

I know I probably look weird with my demon form, my wings folded around me and my hair all dripping wet around me. They put on a poker face and nod at me. I run across all halls and growl in frustration when it takes too long. Who needs such a huge place anyway. It takes ages to get to the other end of the hall. I may not know anything about babies but I know someone who can help me.

After what feels like ages I finally come outside the room I was finding. I give a hesitant knock and when the door opens I give a little smile that probably looks weird and just say one thing.

“I need help.”

With that I unfold my wings and the little bundle in my arms coos at her. With one looks she pulls me in the room.

Yup I went to my mom.

________________________________________________________________________

Hiya everybody reading this book. It took me ages to update since I am at my grammas.  Quite ironic since Lisa is also at her grandparents house. Any who the Internet here sucks and I somehow finally uploaded this chapter. Thank me by voting and commenting. I'd like to hear what u think about my story so far.

Thank ya'll for reading and I'll see ya'll later.

Toodles ✌💙