Chapter 27

I am startled awake by the weird feeling in my chest. It felt like something bad was going to happen and apparently Danny felt it too because he started crying. I hold him close to me and run out the room. The whole castle seemed to be looking just fine but the feeling in my chest didn’t go away. I knock on Hailey and max’s room and a sleepy Hailey answers. She looks at my face and her panic settles in. I hand over Danny to her.

“take care of him, I will be back.”

I run out of the castle in a flash and stand in front of the gates. In the corner of my eye I see something move and I take off in that direction. I see a girl, no older than me curled on the floor surrounded by rouge wolves. I growl loudly and they immediately turn their attention towards me. The girl looks up as well and I can tell she is a human from the first look but also something else. I see the fear in her eyes and somehow something bursts inside me.

“what are you doing on my land?”

One of them immediately shifts back and puts on shorts tied to his legs. The girl watches the whole thing with fear that tells that she never saw a werewolf or even a wolf before. The man not looking even older than thirty walk a little further and falls to his knees in front of me.

“my lady I am sorry for invading your land but this girl stole something and we were told to get it back from her ”

I shift my eyes to the girl still curled on the floor. She looks at me in fear and also curiosity. I snarl showing my fangs when one of the rouges snaps at her. He immediately falls back in a submitting motion.

“what is it that she stole?”
“the lady said she has a bracelet with a green gem in it that she stole from her.”
“that’s a lie. I don’t know who you are talking about, but this is my bracelet, my mother gave it to me. She lies!”
“enough!”

The girl goes back to trembling, but the wolves move back and sit on their hunches.

“show me the bracelet.”

She hesitantly puts her hand in her pocket and pulls out the emerald stone. My eyes widen in realization. I let out a huge growl that shook the whole ground and had everyone cowering in fear. Some of the guard wolves come running here and stand behind me. I point towards the rouges and they capture them.

“take them to the dungeons and question them. ask Elizabeth to put the magic barrier around them so the witch cannot penetrate. Jake get me Adrian on the phone and call the fae, they may be missing someone.”

My wolves bow and do as I told them leaving the girl and me alone. I reach out my hand for her and she pulls herself up wincing at her injuries. I let out some healing energy through the hand she is holding and her cuts and bruises began to heal. I got a serious sense of déjà vu and shook my head.

“why are you here and not in your land?”

“I'm sorry i don’t know what land you are talking about. I have been in a dungeon of someplace for ten years, I don’t remember anything.”

“then how do you know your mother gave you the bracelet?”

“the only thing I remember is that I was in a basement and my mother gave two bracelets, one to a little boy, I think he is my brother and the other to me. Then all I remember is waking up in a dungeon, getting beat by that cruel man every day and then his wife who was kind and let me out of there. I didn’t know where I was going and these wolves followed me. How did the wolf turn to a man. How do you have fangs. Are you going to kill me?”

“you really don’t know anything do you? Don’t worry this is the only place on earth you can possibly be safe. Con you follow me or should I carry you?”

She hesitated and then,

“I don’t think I can walk anymore.”

I nodded and bent to pick her up but she moves away in fear.

“I …. You can't carry me. I'm to fat. I …… I'm heavy. I'll just walk”

I growled in anger at those words. She cowered further back in fear.

“are you one of them?”

“it doesn't matter who or what I am. What matters is I am the only one that can help you. You can take it if you want.”

She nodded and I picked her up. She whimpered as I lifted her and tried to muffle a sob. I released my angel wings and flew so I didn’t jostle her too much. Soon a few of my demon guards flew up to meet me. They were a gift from hades. The leader, Andre flew forward and did a bow.

“my lady.”
“any news?”

I flew towards the castle and they followed. I was asking of the word I had sent for the fae kingdom.

“no my lady, they have cut communications and the only way to communicate is to travel there ourselves and it will take two weeks, your mother said to wait as a fae will already be coming by then”

I nod and they flew away while I landed in the balcony of the infirmary. I handed over the girl to the doctor who began to examine her. I retracted my wings and mind linked mom to come to the infirmary. After a few minutes she ran in holding a phone gesturing me to take it. I pick it not before..

“girl, this is my mother, she will be taking care of you and also explain everything.”

She nodded and then my mom went to sit beside her. I could faintly hear her say her name was Liliana. I put the phone to my ear. On the caller id it said it was Dumont.

“brother. What is it?”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Uh....hi?  *embarrased laugh* so...... it's been 8 months since I updates......... *hides behind hair*  I have an explanation!

So...........basically I just got a really bad writer's block 3 chapters after this one and o write at least 3 chapters before I post one or 2 but that writer's block just stuck with me and I really didnt know what to do from there and then an incident at work happened and I just got the block off a couple of days ago so here it is.......... I solemnly swear to update as regularly as possible because I am nowhere done with this book.

So.... vote and stuff if you want........😅....

Thanks ya'll for reading and I'll see ya'll later. Bye💙💙

Peace out bros!✌