chapter 15

Melissa's P.O.V

I tiptoed across the castle with my shoes in my hand. I could teleport to my room but I have no energy to do that. I have been in the woods and those places don't exactly have a 24-hour buffet party there. I let out a breath when I reached my room. I stepped in and turned on the light and when I turned I practically jumped five feet in the air.

"mom! What are you doing here? I was coming to meet you. Where were you all day I didn't see you all this time I was roaming around in the hallways."

"cut it out, Lisa. Where were you all this time? I know for a fact you weren't in the castle. You know how hard it is for me to leave the pack but I had to because mom and dad called saying you went missing and they couldn't find you."

I inwardly groaned. Seriously? You can't trust anyone nowadays. One chance and they go on babbling everything and get you into trouble.

"mom I am old enough to take care of myself now. I am no little pup. I took care of the whole pack when you were gone. So I can take care of myself for a little while."

"I can see how you take care of yourself. Your hair has dried leaves and dirt. Your shirt is torn from the side. your shoes are missing a heel and I can hear your stomach growling for food till here."

I looked down at the floor. Knowing what she was saying was true. I felt the urge to cry but stopped. I didn't cry all these years. I didn't cry when I learned my dad left me because I was a girl. I didn't cry when I learned people became my friends just because I was a royal and the future alpha. So I certainly won't cry for that piece of shit that is just after popularity, fame, and power.

Mum ushered me to the bathroom and I saw there was already a bath ready all with bubbles and the strawberry scenting oil I love. I remove my clothes and get in the bath while my mom was outside. She comes back inside with the platter filled with delicious looking food and she pulled the little lever in the corner of the bath that extended a table like stuff in front of my face. She set the food on the table and I began eating like a starved wolf. She left the bathroom and once I was done eating I set the dishes aside and rubbed my skin for any dirt and dust.

After a really long time in the bathroom, I finally came out in my room wearing a robe. I saw mom sitting on the bed scrolling through her phone but she stopped once I entered. She put down her phone and motioned for me to sit on the floor between her legs. I did so and felt her slowly untangling the knots in my hair. The soothing motion was slowly bringing down my walls of steel that I kept around my emotions. Before I knew it the first tear fell but somehow I stopped the others. I must have let out a sob 'cause mom stopped the rhythmic brushing and tilted my face towards her.

"Aww. Honey, what's wrong? Mel, you never cry. What happened?"

All of a sudden I remembered that mom didn't know what happened with Marcus at school. Nobody must have told her so I changed my reason.

"mom how can I take care of everyone if I can barely take care for myself?"

"honey I believe in you and I know you can do it. it's not about 'can you do it?' it's about 'will you do it?' speaking of that, I was scared when mom and dad handed me over the pack. I had the same fears and insecurities but when mom told me these words I knew that as long as I was willing to try, I could be the alpha my people wanted."

I wiped the traitorous tear that escaped my eye and gave mom what I thought was a smile but I know it came out as a grimace. Mom tied my hair into a French braid and left the room. I took a moment to calm the raging thoughts before going to sleep.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

here is a little insight on how the big bad alpha actually feels inside. it is true though for all of u out there who are hesitant on taking a responsibility or a step in the right direction just remember, as long as u are willing to try, things will always come through............. with that inspirational message....... i hope u all have a good week...................💙

peace out✌